• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam/Allen/Hieneke/Bridgewater/Darnold/Baker win any of these games if they started instead of Bryce?

Hoenheim

Any other QBs win any of these games?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Any other QBs win any of these games?

• Yes
    • NO

You can’t name a QB that’s had any type of sustained success on this team since Cam Newton and those are veterans. 

Bryce will be fine IF the team grows with him. 
I thought the team around him would be better. I was wrong.

I thought that he’d be good enough to overcome a bad situation. I was wrong. 

It’s going to take time. You’re playing a rookie QB with the most turnover in the league. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You can’t name a QB that’s had any type of sustained success on this team since Cam Newton and those are veterans. 

Bryce will be fine IF the team grows with him. 
I thought the team around him would be better. I was wrong.

I thought that he’d be good enough to overcome a bad situation. I was wrong. 

It’s going to take time. You’re playing a rookie QB with the most turnover in the league. 

I don't think we would've needed much, maybe couple TDs and 250 a game wins at least 2 of those games. You can't blame literally everything except the QB 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I don't think we would've needed much, maybe couple TDs and 250 a game wins at least 2 of those games. You can't blame literally everything except the QB 

Football doesn’t work that way. Just because you score more doesn’t mean the other team won’t. Bryce gave you the points needed against the Vikings. Other guys didn’t make the plays. 

• Pie 1

Yes there are games Cam would extend plays and hit folks downfield and we win. Plus all his goal line success. But there’s also a chance we win a couple if Dalton starts them. That’s the truth right now. But this season was never going to be about Dalton or any other player on the team. If we won a ton and our QB sucked we would be worried we gave up too much to pick the wrong guy. And if we sucked but our QB killed it we would be happy. This is all about our rookie QB regardless of record. 

Just pre-injury Cam.

He is the only player from that list that could rise above the shitty play calling, coaching, and poor supporting cast.

I mean he lead the leagues #1 scoring offense in 2015 with the likes of Ted Ginn and Philly Brown. 

It's hard to tell if the others could succeed as our record is just as much Frank's fault as it is the offenses fault. 

• Pie 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

Football doesn’t work that way. Just because you score more doesn’t mean the other team won’t. Bryce gave you the points needed against the Vikings. Other guys didn’t make the plays. 

The strip sack fumble points he gave the Vikings? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 2

Just now, Varking said:

The strip sack fumble points he gave the Vikings? 

The dropped TD he threw? 

See why hypotheticals in football are dumb? It’s a chess game. 

Kirk gave up a pick 6 another interception and still won the game because JJ made plays and our guys didn’t. 

• Pie 2

Cam would be our leading rusher now so he might have found a way but it wouldn't have been easy. Hell I think AR could have pulled some of these out but that doesn't mean he's better than Bryce, he's just a threat on the ground when all else fails.

Edited by MechaZain

I think even Tom Brady struggles in this offense. The play calling is atrocious. 

It honestly reminds me of the John Fox era. Run, run, pass, punt. It’s insanity. Todays NFL doesn’t work with such an antiquated approach. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 1

Don't need these hypotheticals. I watched Andy Dalton push the ball downfield and get in the end zone with these same weapons and he's washed AF.

I'm hoping Bryce is very motivated by all this and doesn't falter in the face of some very tough adversity. But I just don't know that he has the physical tools to do it in the NFL.