• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Shopping for Number 1 caliber WR, Top Priority

ncfan

25 minutes ago, Growl said:

Kyle Bailey seems to be more and more convinced that Burns won’t be here after the trade deadline, so probably yeah

unfortunate to watch this team get so close to a competitive roster then start stripping down all the talent. Should’ve included Burns instead of Moore in the Bears deal. Offense is more valuable than defense, Moore was already signed, and he actually wanted to be here. 

A pass rusher is more valuable than a WR in a vacuum, but I completely agree with you here. I bet they made Burns untouchable, and now we're going to have to ship him out anyway for less after turning down two trades for him.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Last i seen higgins got cracked ribs, out 1-3 games.

Im like you, there are no #1 WR on the trade market. (i dont hold brown or even prime higgins as 1s)

i saw he was playing this weekend this morning. Did they announce they are sitting him? That timeline actually works out for us - if we did this

35 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Last i seen higgins got cracked ribs, out 1-3 games.

Im like you, there are no #1 WR on the trade market. (i dont hold brown or even prime higgins as 1s)

I still don't understand how people can honestly think Higgins isn't a #1

Far too often in today's NFL fans, they view things in terms of fantasy football, not real life football.

No, Higgins isn't a WR1 in fantasy football, he's "just a 2" for fantasy, but there are 32 teams in the NFL, if you don't think he's one of the top 32 WRs in the league, you don't know football.

No, he's not a Top 10 guy, but only 10 teams can have a top 10 guy, and that's if no teams have two of them (like the Dolphins might with Tyreek and Waddle).

But YES, Higgins is without question a WR1 in real life NFL football, no question about it.

Having said that, not sure the Bengals would give him to us for what I'd like, I'd do Burns for Higgins and a high pick (I'd like a first but don't think they do that, maybe a 2nd).  But I'm not sure they do that before they know they can't make a playoff run this year, and even then, not sure they're trading Higgins plus a pick for a player they have to give a big contract to, more likely will just trade Higgins for a pick.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Basbear said:

4...... I repeat 4 starting OLmen were out and been missing in other games too.

fyi was one stud pro bowler LT tunsil...

howell is doing the same with nothing too, while young is scared theres a bates on every team......

Huh? Howell has Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson and Curtis Samuel as a slot (where he belongs). I'd trade every skill player we have for Terry Mclaurin.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Huh? Howell has Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson and Curtis Samuel as a slot (where he belongs). I'd trade every skill player we have for Terry Mclaurin.

Yoooo samuel LOL at that!! Samuel even healthy(another story), got what a barely above 500 yards twice in his 7 year career?? (i think) 

its scary terry and not much else form TEs, RBs, and 2-5 WRs. Plus LOLLOLOLO at their OL and paper its one of worst and hes still able to make play after play.