• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brice Young - Is there anyimprovement through the first 4 weeks?

SpclKen

Ignoring the spelling disaster...the footwork thing is legit observation.  Solid video for the Ringer. 

I'm noticing it on nearly all his shotgun 3 steps now.  He sets, then quickly has a half pivot and then a replant.  Sometimes see it when he's not under duress.  He gets pretty skippy.  Seems really comfortable doing it so it may be a habit from Bama and playing a bit more casually in the pocket there.   

44 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Ignoring the spelling disaster...the footwork thing is legit observation.  Solid video for the Ringer. 

I'm noticing it on nearly all his shotgun 3 steps now.  He sets, then quickly has a half pivot and then a replant.  Sometimes see it when he's not under duress.  He gets pretty skippy.  Seems really comfortable doing it so it may be a habit from Bama and playing a bit more casually in the pocket there.   

For someone that supposedly the most pro ready QB, Bryce's footwork looks like someone who's never played QB before in their life. It's lazy and slow and it really affects the timing with his receivers who already struggles with separation. Especially for someone with his limitations in size and arm talent, I don't understand how his footwork is this sloppy.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When Tepper hired Rhule it was all about Tepper being sold on his process and him being a leader of men and the culture he was going to build. Nothing about Xs and Os football. Tepper got sold on a person not a coach.

The more we hear about Bryce from the Panthers the more we start hearing about how they're sold on the person. Has Tepper done the same thing again? We'll overlook all of the glaring physical concerns and go with the guy Tepper believes in because he's sold on the person.

I don't know, but the logic follows IMO. Especially with it now being heavily rumored that Bryce wasn't the QB Reich wanted. Fitts was always hired to be a yes man. I think most roster calls are his but when Tepper gets involved I think Fitts is programmed to just go with the boss.

Makes sense 

37 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

For someone that supposedly the most pro ready QB, Bryce's footwork looks like someone who's never played QB before in their life. It's lazy and slow and it really affects the timing with his receivers who already struggles with separation. Especially for someone with his limitations in size and arm talent, I don't understand how his footwork is this sloppy.

Because he’s a high school QB and not much more. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Actually it's not ok. Showing the same bad habits in the NFL

I can’t remember who but someone did a video on this and they said his footwork is like that so he can drop back on his toes and see the field.

Which sure fine BUT then you get situations like this and he’s screwed. Not to mention he doesn’t have the arm strength to recovery quickly from it if need be. He has to gather and rip. 

• Beer 1

Well, not much words to say after I started this season optimistic. From hope that perhaps there would be glimmers of a great future, to despair at the Panthers being 0-4 and likely facing 0-6, it's not exactly the kind of momentum building season that I'd hope for, and I'm firmly on the concerned and worried train at this point.

But anyways, here's a decent breakdown on Bryce Young. He does some things well, but appears that the margins of the NFL are causing him issues in regards to finding success. Despite his acumen for the game, his athletic limitations and rookie status cause him to fall behind his other rookie peers, as well as the dumpster fire offensive surrounding cast.

He's not perfect and not at an ideal spot yet clearly. Nevertheless, there still is a lot to look forward to pending he progresses and his supporting cast starts stepping up.

Nevertheless, an interesting watch. I'll leave it at that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1