• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I prefer my #1 overall pick, who we traded a ton of assets for, to have an arm that is a bit better then "fine".  Thats just me though

Yes, that is you. I'm more concerned with the total package. There have been plenty of QBs with fine arms, some outstanding champions. There have been others with cannons who barely made it a season. The wise person looks at the total package. Everyone can't be Pat Mahomes or  Aaron Rodgers, but Bryce's arm elasticity is excellent.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Frank Reich isn't the one throwing the ball. We can keep harping on Reich but we have to ignore how much better and more effective the passing game looked with Dalton to rationalize it.

Bryce hasn't thrown particularly bad, he just hasn't thrown deep. That's on Reich.

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

This is a good point. A big problem with this ownership is they haven't been able to commit to the full rebuild. They piddle along thinking they are a move here or there away and it's culminated into this garbage.

One glorified garbage season in a garbage division where we nearly made the playoffs has led to prolific miscalculations and reverberations for at least the short term. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

Welp, with Chicago's win, our pick is officially Caleb Williams... I mean 1st. 

I mean at one point we held the number 1 pick last year too. It's still early in the season, hopefully we can do just enough to disappoint the bears and take them out the williams and Harrison sweepstakes lol

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

I mean at one point we held the number 1 pick last year too. It's still early in the season, hopefully we can do just enough to disappoint the bears and take them out the williams and Harrison sweepstakes lol

Oh I know lol. Just tired of seeing the people we trade blow up. Lol we definitely need to improve asap!! 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Frank Reich isn't the one throwing the ball. We can keep harping on Reich but we have to ignore how much better and more effective the passing game looked with Dalton to rationalize it.

I agree with this. However, he should adapt his offense to fit the player, not the other way around. So that I blame him for.

3 minutes ago, Martin said:

I agree with this. However, he should adapt his offense to fit the player, not the other way around. So that I blame him for.

I think he has. That's the scary part. Hence the constant screens. If your QB can't effectively throw more than 15-20 yards downfield what are you to do?