• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GMs Draft History After Round 1 (Analysis)

Jay Roosevelt

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

Would be interesting to know who are deemed plus starters and solid starters 

Check the spreadsheet link; it has each player color coded.

2 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

@Jay Roosevelt

Do your numbers include all the picks we traded away? I know Hurney and Gettleman did have an occasional trade up but they never did as many trade ups as well as trading draft picks for vets, which makes no sense for a team with a max of 7 wins in 6 years.

No, trades were not considered. This is purely based on draft success after round 1.

52 minutes ago, jimfear said:

Interesting stuff @Jay Roosevelt

How do you differentiate between solid player and contributor?

Mostly just my opinion, but I tried to be as broad as possible so the results would be as objective as possible.

Basically the formula I used was:

PLUS STARTERS: Good, great, or elite players who became key starters for us.
SOLID PLAYERS: Decent players who were starters for an extended period of time or played key roles for us.
CONTRIBUTORS : Players who were lower-level starters or who provided solid depth/special teams value.
BUST/MISSES  : Players who never contributed much of anything or anything at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I've said it multiple times in other posts, Fitterer's poor drafting has set this team backs significantly without depth and talent. And what talent we do have, he has traded it away in CMC and Moore. Honestly it shouldn't be surprising that the Panthers sucks ass! I would like to know who we drafted with the picks we got for CMC? 

Glad the huddle seems to be on the same page as I was when Rhule was fired that Fit is not a real GM and should’ve gone with him. Mr. Scott is probably still clinging on as he argued to he was blue in the face how Fit was a top candidate completely qualified.

Newsflash (for some) it wasn’t just Rhule. Fit is utter trash.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

Thanks for sharing. I think For Fitt, Barno could be classified as a  contributor, plays special teams, and gets about 10-15 reps on defense for a sixth-round pick that's solid.

Overall though, the calling card for Fitt was Seattle was able to develop and hit on players that were taken on Day 2, 3, or UDFA (Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor, Doug Baldwin, etc.) 

This roster lacks depth and hasn't won anything this year, including preseason games. 

"Overall though, the calling card for Fitt was Seattle was able to develop and hit on players that were taken on Day 2, 3, or UDFA (Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor, Doug Baldwin, etc.)"

Are you saying Fitt was responsible for drafting Sherman, Wagner, Chancellor, Baldwin, etc.?

4 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I wonder if Dave Tepper can lure ex-Steeler GM Kevin Colbert out of retirement  

How about Brandon Beane. I'm sure he's ready to come back to North Carolina. You really think he wants to live in that cold weather? Tepper should offer him a promotion. Isn't that how it's done in the NFL. To get someone from another team, it has to be a promotion. Make him President/GM. Pay him.