• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

15 minutes ago, philit99 said:

After the MRI, the team stated that Svech will be out for an external period of time. Think at least a month or longer.

Now its even more imperative to make a trade for a goal scorer and a goalie.  Earlier the better so we can get them acclimated to out system.  If we wait until the trade deadline then that's more time its going to take for us to gel.

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Ribs and back for sure. Who knows if he’ll need surgery. 

Broken ribs are a pain in the arse and the pain radiates up and down that side of your body.  That was a nasty, hard cross check he took.  I don't think surgery, but multiple broken ribs take time to heal....it sucks for Svech and us. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Broken ribs are a pain in the arse and the pain radiates up and down that side of your body.  That was a nasty, hard cross check he took.  I don't think surgery, but multiple broken ribs take time to heal....it sucks for Svech and us. 

I can attest to this....I broke half my ribs in a horrible six time rollover car crash.  It hurts to walk breath....Much less play hockey.  I was good to go after about 6 weeks.  I bet svech is out at least a month.  

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, KingKucci said:

I can attest to this....I broke half my ribs in a horrible six time rollover car crash.  It hurts to walk breath....Much less play hockey.  I was good to go after about 6 weeks.  I bet svech is out at least a month.  

Yeah, I know football and basketball players "tough it out" by wearing protective flak jackets for their ribs along with numbing injections but they still have pain and have a really hard time breathing.  Svech and hockey players are in a very different world as they'll get checked and hit in the ribs so much they wouldn't be able to stand it.  Add in the fact that your cardio has to be so much better in hockey there's just no way I see Svech being back anytime soon. 

I heard it is multiple ribs with non-displaced and displaced fractures.  The displaced fractures are the worst, but the non-displaced are nothing to sneeze at.  I do believe they use bone stimulation (magnetic coils) to help heal these fractures for pro athletes so I am sure he has the best care possible.

• Beer 1

Holiday break

I see the Canes headed into the holiday break at 17-14-3 and 37 points, probably dropping to 5th in the Metro.

Don't see them getting past Vegas or the Islanders, but probably squeaking out a victory against an old and tired Pittsburgh team.

That's it guys. They'll have played 34 games with 48 left on the schedule. Who knows, maybe Freddie comes back strong and Svech stays healthy and brings some fire to the team. To be honest, they look like they're going through the motions and believing somehow this whole thing will shake out and they go on a 10 or 12-game bender and make a playoff run.

But, if we're being honest, there's no reason anyone in the league needs to fear this team.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WelshPanther said:

Need what….63 points from 96 to reach 100. What’s usual minimum to make playoffs? 90?

Varies of course year to year but 2023 playoffs Panthers barely squeaked in as a wildcard with 92 points, lowest of all the teams making it in. Most teams had 95 or more with a lot in the 100s. I wouldn’t count us in unless we get on track for mid to high 90s.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...