• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ in trade talks?

CRA

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He didn't look that good last year. He is a bum.

I don’t know why people keep saying that. He got loose (probably forgotten or DC said don’t worry about him) on a couple long passes but we finished 4-2 and he averaged something like 2 catches for 20 yards each game, basically not contributing to the wins.

Devin Funchess’ was far more valuable and contributed way more than TMJ has so far.

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

10 targets, 9 receptions last week 

0 snaps this week 

https://x.com/scott_fowler/status/1711140012249493594?s=46&t=f55N0zsNFevD-XGJBWj1-A

The Panthers might be looking to lessen the draft assets needed  to get a Jerry Juedy type by including TMJ in the trade??

The only connection I see is remembering  the Saints were high on him as all LSU players have been heavily vetted by the saints over the years.  Therefore Sean and his ego may see something. 

12 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I would have to imagine we would have to trade a draft pick away + tmj just to get rid of him. There is no way in hell any other team in the NFL wants that bum

Strongly disagree there

He's a non guaranteed $1.4 million next year, I think that is actually very attractive to teams out there who would be interested in seeing if he's just been cursed by this terrible franchise not being able to develop any players the last few years.

You get a guy who has shown flashes of ability, on a cheap contract, and out to prove he's better than he's shown to get a new deal.

That's why I think he'd be someone the Bengals would be interested in with him having played at LSU with Burrow and Chase.  They know they're losing Higgins after this year, trade us Higgins, a 1st, and a 3rd for Burns and TMJ.  

If anyone is going to unlock him, it's going to be putting him back with Burrow and Chase, then they also get him on the cheap for next year if it works out, if not, they can cut him at no cost.

My only fear would be that Higgins would end up refusing to sign an extension here because of Bryce.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, ThrillzforthePils said:

Had high hopes for him after flashing last year.  He has been awful and it’s not coaching or scheme related—dude can’t seem to catch or hold onto the ball

There are way too many players that we do this for. If we evaluated ALL players from the beginning like we're doing Bryce this year, maybe we're not in the position that we're in.

7 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I think coaching has heck of a lot to do with our players stats. Theilen is our only WR that creates some separation and that's not because he's being coached well, it's because he's already been coached well.

I think it's largely because he is the only good WR on the roster. It isn't a coaching issue. 

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Strongly disagree there

He's a non guaranteed $1.4 million next year, I think that is actually very attractive to teams out there who would be interested in seeing if he's just been cursed by this terrible franchise not being able to develop any players the last few years.

You get a guy who has shown flashes of ability, on a cheap contract, and out to prove he's better than he's shown to get a new deal.

That's why I think he'd be someone the Bengals would be interested in with him having played at LSU with Burrow and Chase.  They know they're losing Higgins after this year, trade us Higgins, a 1st, and a 3rd for Burns and TMJ.  

If anyone is going to unlock him, it's going to be putting him back with Burrow and Chase, then they also get him on the cheap for next year if it works out, if not, they can cut him at no cost.

My only fear would be that Higgins would end up refusing to sign an extension here because of Bryce.

Higgins a 1st and a 3rd for Burns and TMJ?

Bro, the Panthers brass works for the Panthers. We're the only team in the league dumb enough to do that deal. 

• The D 1