• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich: Panthers owner David Tepper wants a winner, he wants it now

Bluetooth

He might want a winner now, but he let FItt gut the team and trade away all of our picks.  Did Tepper REALLY think we'd have a good team this year?  Look at us, it's a bunch of scrubs and decent players who can't stay on the field.  This team is a sh*t show from the top down and I'm so happy that I checked out years ago.  Someone dig up JR and bring back Jeans Day!

The Huddle needs to chill. Tepper is actually the voice of the Huddle. The entire fanbase is angry and upset at the situation and wants Frank to know about it. Guess what, Tepper feels the same way and actually has the power to do anything about it and he is letting Frank know. Now the Huddle is saying that Tepper meddles too much because he is just as upset as the fanbase and wants to make sure his employees know about it? If this article didn't come out and the narrative is that that Tepper isn't doing anything,  the fanbase would still argue and complain that he doesn't care. If i'm spending billions of dollars on a project, I would definitely care. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I said it last week and its even more clear now, Reich seemingly wants to get canned.  From his actions and the poo he is saying he is subtly wishing he didnt take the job.

Would you want the job if they over ruled you on the QB you wanted and then made you trout out and do team pr bull for said QB that can't run the offense you spent a whole off-season building around 1 qb only to get a different one.  

• Pie 1

Let's see........Frank didn't want Bryce under center.....................and Frank now doesn't like the job he's stuck with.

Tepper is too deep into the day to day of the franchise and at the same time lets his wife play in the mess to call the shots too?

Are we sure this isn't a remake of the TV 80s sitcom 1st and 10? 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Just to be clear, you people are upset that Tepper wants a winning team? I'd be more concerned if Frank said "Tepper doesn't really care how the team performs". In no way does this imply the meddling you guys thing it does.

No one is upset that he wants a winning team. It's about how Tepper is going about it though. Tepper is impatient and has a massive ego. He is desperately trying to make win now moves instead of just letting people rebuild this team over the next two to three years. Tepper has said he wants to win NOW. Winning takes some time. You need to build the team up through FA and draft and that takes some time. Having the right GM also helps a lot. Tepper is also an idiot and keeps hiring the wrong people which just makes it all worse. He needs to hire a competent football president who can then help find the next GM, and those two can work on finding the right coach. Tepper needs to just keep out of the football decisions and let the football people do their thing and build this team up. It takes time and apparently Tepper doesn't have patience.

3 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

LOL, have you seen posters on this forum? People are calling Bryce a bust after 4 games, expecting playoffs this year, and we should be 5-0. This fanbase has no patience. 

I just want to see him make an NFL throw, is that too much to ask?

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, Tbe said:

Tepper’s short term thinking will never produce a winning team.

For real, I’ve been confused why Rhule and Reich both didn’t seem to just focus on building a foundation during their 1st year with low expectations and this headline seems to point towards the common denominator. 

People use the term superbowl “window” but I almost think of it more like the tides. You can’t fight it and it’s best to work with it. Tepper needs to let a coach/FO a team down and build it their way. We keep trying to set sail no matter the tides! 

I’m also suprised that an investment guy isn’t more averse to trading picks. 

8 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Call me crazy, but I will take an owner who actually cares about winning football games. Tepper is learning as he goes, but he is involved, not afraid to pay top dollar for coaches.  Does he have his faults. sure. It could be worse IMO. We could have an owner who didn't really give a crap. IDK just spit balling here. 

Seems like he gives too much of a crap to be honest