• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does this look familiar?

hepcat

Watch Bryce Young against Texas in 2022. This is a mirror image of how he looks in the pros.  Alabama won the game but only because Texas QB Quinn Ewers got hurt and Texas couldn’t score. The Texas defense wasn’t good this year, but they had Bryce under pressure most of the game, and Bryce didn’t do anything until the final drive of the game. I was saying this all off-season, this was a very telling game. It showed Bryce is too short to step up in the pocket when pressured. I haven’t seen him once stand tall in the pocket and deliver a clutch throw. He either scrambles to the sidelines or throws a wounded duck.

If Quinn Ewers doesn’t get hurt in this game, Texas wins easily and Bryce might have a much different season. I’m just not sure what if any game tape Bryce had out there that beat CJ Stroud’s Georgia game tape. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5
  • Poo 3

Alabama’s offense from last year looks very similar to the 2023 Panthers, just replace Gibbs with Thielen and you have the same issues. Subpar OL play and lack of speed/separation from the WR/TE group.

Look back to 2021 and it’s easy to see why Bryce and the offense were much more successful. Fast, explosive guy to stretch the field in Jameson Williams, great route runner/possession type (Thielen) in Metchie, and a big physical RB in Brian Robinson.

We could’ve had at least 2/3 of that covered by keeping DJ and maybe all of it by keeping Foreman or someone similar instead of Sanders, but oh well. Honestly, putting Shenault in at RB 10-15 times a game and running PA off of it a few times would probably help Bryce a lot.

I don’t think the offense is that far gone, one good offseason could make a huge difference if you trust management to get it done. Big if as it stands though.

• Pie 1

It’s confirmed, our owner is micromanaging the operation or the front office/coaching staff has absolutely no ability to evaluate talent. Just when you think we couldn’t get any worse, we make some stupid move with trades, salary mismanagement and keeping/signing FA’s. Don’t get me started about draft day, it’s like an ADHD patient running out of Adderall.

• Pie 1

No one here knows whether he'll be great, good, average, meh or bad at this point. 

Almost every great QB started with a bad first season. There are hall of famers that lost their first 11 games.

We suck right now. We were going to suck. 

Tomorrow we might be better. Tomorrow he might develop into the best of the bunch from this year.

Who knows?

I don't. You don't.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

No one here knows whether he'll be great, good, average, meh or bad at this point. 

Almost every great QB started with a bad first season. There are hall of famers that lost their first 11 games.

We suck right now. We were going to suck. 

Tomorrow we might be better. Tomorrow he might develop into the best of the bunch from this year.

Who knows?

I don't. You don't.

Based off the visuals, I've got a pretty good idea how this ends

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1