• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn for Jeudy?

NAS

7 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

What do you think we would get for Chinn?

In general? Not a lot given our desperation teams know we are flailing. Mid rounder maybe. But I'm not in favor of a straight up swap for a player his own team can't stand. If we want to take a risk on Jeudy we can do so without trading a player who isn't a locker room problem whatsoever for a guy who could likely end up being another Robbie Anderson.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

In general? Not a lot given our desperation teams know we are flailing. Mid rounder maybe. But I'm not in favor of a straight up swap for a player his own team can't stand. If we want to take a risk on Jeudy we can do so without trading a player who isn't a locker room problem whatsoever for a guy who could likely end up being another Robbie Anderson.

I would imagine they’re more willing to part ways with a player who doesn't seem to have much of a role in this D or the future of the team than comparable draft capital 

Edited by RoaringRiot
  • Beer 1

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

I would imagine they’re more willing to part ways who doesn't seem to have much of a role in this D or the future of the team than comparable draft capital 

I agree between the three of Brown Burns and Chinn he would be the odd man out right now. But we've really mismanaged this secondary and not drafting well on top of it stings. What's done is done though.

I'd rather trade Chinn or a 4th rounder than for Jeudy.

I'm sooooooooooo against trading for Jeudy with his $13 million guaranteed contract next season.  The guy is a minimally above a replacement level player, he's still living off his first round pick status but has never performed as such on the field.

Then you add in how much of a hot head he is, and it's just a bad mix for Bryce and helping him develop.

This is yet another "madden move" that people want to make in a vacuum without looking at the full picture.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Jeudy has proven nothing on the field. Chinn is my favorite defensive player on this team, but that's not saying much. No way am I taking that trade. They would need to offer more.

I honestly thought he would be a perennial pro bowler after his rookie year.  

13 minutes ago, NAS said:

I honestly thought he would be a perennial pro bowler after his rookie year.  

me too, i believe I even went this far- He would have a statue along side TD....

RR for all his faults knows D, snow, wilks, and now evero....... maybe us fans have over-rated him like the posters above said. 

I honestly thought he'd be adding on muscle and become a stud OLB.(plus hed be by default one of the better coverage OLB too)

His value is shot given his snaps, production and hes a FA. No smart team is even going to offer a 2024 pick.