• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Reich, Tepper, Fitterer and Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

26 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Didn't he win those with the coach and lots of players he inherited with the purchase in 1989 and then kicked him out and then started the SB drought after those 3 wins?

He won them at a time when there was no salary cap and he could just overpay for the best players. Also on the heels of the Herschel Walker trade which was engineered by Jimmy Johnson, not Jones.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure if it's that simple. He went out this time and put together a staff chock full of NFL experience. I don't think these guys just suddenly forgot everything they knew.

All I’m saying is that Reich has completely underwhelmed. So many mistakes including waiting 20 seconds to take timeouts, too very poor play calling and team not looking prepared. And that is 100% on Frank.

Did I read that right, the writer thinks it’s good Tepper has his thumb on everything and is hard to work for? In what world is that good? Why, because it worked for Kraft even though he had one of the greatest coaches of all time and arguably the greatest qb of all time? How’s that working for Kraft now? 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He won them at a time when there was no salary cap and he could just overpay for the best players. Also on the heels of the Herschel Walker trade which was engineered by Jimmy Johnson, not Jones.

I'm way fuzzy on the details and just don't have time to look it up. They took Aikman and Smith his first 2 years? No wonder he thought he couldn't do any wrong. 

10 minutes ago, countryboi said:

This report is a lot different from what we have been hearing. just being a difficult person to work for is not inherently a bad thing. It’s a lot of people in football that are assholes that still win.

Gotta take it in context with the other reports to put it all together.

11 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Did I read that right, the writer thinks it’s good Tepper has his thumb on everything and is hard to work for? In what world is that good? Why, because it worked for Kraft even though he had one of the greatest coaches of all time and arguably the greatest qb of all time? How’s that working for Kraft now? 

Breer explains that it worked for Kraft because he "figured it out", i.e. learned how to push for results while also keeping his hands off the actual operation.

His take is that Tepper hasn't figured that out yet.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Martin said:

All I’m saying is that Reich has completely underwhelmed. So many mistakes including waiting 20 seconds to take timeouts, too very poor play calling and team not looking prepared. And that is 100% on Frank.

Yep, he hasn't even proven that he can manage the clock effectively, much less players. And clock and player management speak directly to situational football which he appears not to have mastered notwithstanding his many years of experience in the NFL.

• Pie 2

Do you now believe the proof in the pudding? Fitterer doesn't want this #1 wide receiver, he's tasked with making it work b/c Tepper thinks that's the issue. And he has to do what Tepper and his wife says. This franchise is doomed much like the Hornets under Jordan. His business scheme will finally take over once opposing team fans are 95% of the stadium, but PSL owners will assure they make money. Even if you bow out, someone else sees $$$. Tepper wanted Bryce, convinced me he was the best, but i did think he was the one last season. 

This is the first season possibly ever that the NFL as a whole just isn't enjoyable. The games have been awful, everyone is getting hurt, and this team is downright terrible. It's a repeat of 2010 as a whole. Same four teams at the end with the Chiefs winning it all. NFL is making damn sure of that.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotta take it in context with the other reports to put it all together.

Breer explains that it worked for Kraft because he "figured it out", i.e. learned how to push for results while also keeping his hands off the actual operation.

His take is that Tepper hasn't figured that out yet.

Right but you could argue Kraft got lucky with Brady. His handling of the team after brady is not good. Belicheck can only do so much. I also don’t think Tepper will figure it out either. He has made one good decision yet, besides the logo at midfield.