• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is going to be a good QB btw...

Zod

30 minutes ago, Zod said:

I'm as unhappy as anyone with the Panthers right now. Trust me, they are horrid.

But I still believe Bryce will develop into a solid starting QB for many seasons.

If you have watched a lot of football, it isn't hard to see that Bryce is a NFL caliber starting QB. Give him weapons and a legitimate coach and I suspect he will shine, much like Tua. 

Good?  We did not trade all we did for good.  I know, not his fault that he was drafted under those circumstances, but that does not take away that he is just not a franchise QB with some kind of unmatched talent.

The "brain-fart" of the Panthers have poo the bed once again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

It is NOW. Wasn’t the case early on. It improved when the situation around him did.

Isn't Tua still playing for a contract? And wasn't he last year pre-concussions? And I thought there were rumours that Ross was trying to move on from McDaniel last year. 

We forget Miami was also a bit of a dumpster fire last year too (and many before that). I don't think Carolina gets healing as quick as they did (we don't have a McDaniel).

Winning cures all. I fully expect Bryce to have a significantly better end of this year and year 2, and I fully expect him to say that the "game just slowed down", which is what all rookie QBs say if/when they turn the corner.

5 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I was thinking more like Jeff Garcia in his Pro Bowl years as a floor. He was seemed less gimmicky than Flutie but still had the "I-can't-believe-this-dude-is-in-the-NFL" stature that Bryce will always have.

I like the Flutie comp.  Garcia had a ton of moxie and the those 49er teams were pretty good too.  In an ideal situation and Bryce gets some dawg in him, the Garcia comp could be apt.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It is NOW. Wasn’t the case early on. It improved when the situation around him did.

That's fair. It's also fair to say that Tua in terms of his career then and now is more on the rare side. There is a long list of QB's like Tua who don't turn the corner for different reasons.

I'd love to have a do over and keep Moore in favor of Burns but I do think just as some people are being unfair to Bryce Young some people are finding themselves doing the same to the receivers not named Terrace Marshall or rookie Mingo. Chark is a legitimate deep threat and Theilen and Hurst are at least acceptable security blankets. Our OL is crap that's hurting Bryce as much as poor coaching has. But for the sake of Young's development he has to start connecting with DJ.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy who was drafted because he was most NFL ready is way behind the guy considered not as NFL ready... it's like the tortoise breaking out to a big early lead over the hare.

A lot goes into it man. Identical QBR today and one man won and the other lost. They seem to have gotten their coaching hire right. There was a time when people thought RG3 was a better QB than Cam. 

39 minutes ago, frankw said:

Reich and Fitterer must go.

The Tua comp makes sense on the surface but Tua's YPA is basically twice what Bryce Young's is and that has to change regardless of all extenuating circumstances.

The difference in O-line and especially the speed at WR has nothing to do with that, amirite?

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's fair. It's also fair to say that Tua in terms of his career then and now is more on the rare side. There is a long list of QB's like Tua who don't turn the corner for different reasons.

I'd love to have a do over and keep Moore in favor of Burns but I do think just as some people are being unfair to Bryce Young some people are finding themselves doing the same to the receivers not named Terrace Marshall or rookie Mingo. Chark is a legitimate deep threat and Theilen and Hurst are at least acceptable security blankets. Our OL is crap that's hurting Bryce as much as poor coaching has. But for the sake of Young's development he has to start connecting with DJ.

That’s because a lot of teams are organizationally piss poor and they fail to build it correctly so QBs “bust”. When Bryce had time today he looked like Brees.
Honestly we could have kept Moore and CMC and probably still got up to take Bryce. Now imagine Bryce with those 2 plus AT. I’d bet Bryce would look more like people expect him to. 

• Pie 2