• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is going to be a good QB btw...

Zod

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

No where near the ceiling of Cam but can be good obviously. He ain't carrying a franchise though, not many can. In hindsight Cam is even better than his nut huggers were saying....this is the franchise he took to the SB lol

Imagine Cam on an even average ran organization....sucks for him tbh.

Imagine Cam with Andy Reid as his coach 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Pretty obvious Hurst was breaking towards the front pylon while Bryce was throwing to the back one

Who knows whose fault it was but yeah 

I don't recall thinking that but I also wasn't paying a ton of attention. Would be interested to see it again if they do one of those 'every throw' videos.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Like with Cam, you have to build your team around Bryce. Right now we're trying to plug Bryce into the team. Won't work. He needs a very specfic set of WRs, a CMC type back, and an OC who knows what he hell to do with him. Thank goodness for AT this season or Young would look even worse. So the real question is, will the Panthers do ALL they can to build a team for Bryce? Or will they continue to be stubborn and hope he somehow figures out how to make it work.

I don't think he needs top tier talent at all he just can not have the league worse or close to it. AT is 33 years old and is averaging 72.8 receiving yards per game including 2 100 yard games with Bryce (left out the game he had with Dalton). He had 0 such games last year in what many would deem a better offense and a better QB throwing him the ball. Young is revitalizing his career kind of like Cam did with Steve Smith. If we had more WRs getting open, an oline that could block well consistently, and a solid running game like we had today we wouldn't be 0-6 and Young would look a lot better than he has so far, but that's not reality nor will it get much better this season. I fully expect a much better year next year when it comes to Bryce. Not so sure we don't make some coaching/FO changes in the mean time though.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 hours ago, Zod said:

I'm as unhappy as anyone with the Panthers right now. Trust me, they are horrid.

But I still believe Bryce will develop into a solid starting QB for many seasons.

If you have watched a lot of football, it isn't hard to see that Bryce is a NFL caliber starting QB. Give him weapons and a legitimate coach and I suspect he will shine, much like Tua. 

Agreed. Bryce is like number 10 on the list of issues with this team. The whole organization sucks ass from top to bottom. It just stinks. There is a systemic cancer and it doesn’t matter who’s coaching or whatever. I think Fitt needs to go to start. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I wish we would've done that. Our philosophy with Cam was that Cam was the offense so now we can spend all our resources on D. These guys were gonna try to replicate that idiotic approach and what we're seeing is the results of trying that with a guy who isn't a generational talent at QB.

You pretty much nailed it. Cam was a historic rookie QB and clearly had talent to elevate an entire unit from day 1. Bryce, while a great prospect, was never going to be that guy. A massive failure by our entire FO thinking he could be someone you drop in on day 1 and elevate an otherwise horrific supporting cast into league average territory. None of this means he’s a bust or can’t be a franchise QB. But we have a poo ton of work to do to improve his situation so he can hit his ceiling here and I don’t trust us to help him get there 

• Pie 2

DJ Moore, CMC (61st overall pick on 2023), #9 overall pick in 2023, #1 overall pick in 2024, very high 2nd round pick in 2025

Just reminding everyone that was the price for Bryce Young. It’s not his fault but he’s never going to live up to that price. Especially since it’s clear CJ Stroud is going to be a very good QB.

Edited by hepcat
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I don't recall thinking that but I also wasn't paying a ton of attention. Would be interested to see it again if they do one of those 'every throw' videos.

The play is in the highlight package NFL does. Although they showed a replay during the game. But even from the TV broadcast you can tell Hurst is trying to get to that front pylon since he’s right on the defenders back when he doesn’t need to be

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

They wanted a point guard, they got a point guard.  In the right offense, Bryce could be very good.  In an offense that's about taking shots down field and going vertical versus horizontal...he'll bust.

It's not even that we ask him to go vertical, it's that he literally can't. Those plays are basically out of the playbook at this point.

Just now, OldhamA said:

It's not even that we ask him to go vertical, it's that he literally can't. Those plays are basically out of the playbook at this point.

Context. I know he can't...not at this level. I was saying that it's a good thing he didn't go to a vertical, deep shot team. He would definitely flame out in that type of offense.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

My only concern with him is the deep ball, he really doesn’t have an NFL deep ball arm, he may not need it but it’s an important weapon to have

Everyone compares him to Brees (I say Brees-lite), but Brees was deadly accurate at every level. He didn't have a strong NFL arm, but he hit those deep shots with pinpoint accuracy when given 1-on-1 opportunities down the field. 

Young hasn't even hit the same area code and I don't think he'll ever be able to with his current technique. 

• Pie 1