• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would've thought

NAS

41 minutes ago, NAS said:

Ridiculous. Defense can’t stop anyone in the run game and that has nothing to do with the offense. Getting gassed is a convenient excuse. Top defenses get it done 

Bro we got like 2 legit players on the entire defense. Not sure what else you're expecting.

If Burns is arugably our best or 2nd best defensive player and people poo on him after every game that should tell you all you need to know.

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

Bad offense hurts the defense.

An offense that can't score, can't get first downs, can't move the ball, and can't keep on the field all cripples a defense, especially over the course of a game. The longer the offensive ineptitude goes on, the worse the defense does.

This is just not true. Our offense is tied for 10th in total first downs. We are 9th in time of possession. It’s not good but it’s not the stagnant offense you’re claiming it is.

The offense isn’t the only thing to blame. I would argue the defense has been worse, but we are riddled with injuries so that adds up.

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Dude, we are the worst team in the league. I don’t get your attempt to put lipstick on a pig. We are one of 5 teams with multiple D TDs. The other 27 have 1 or none. Even with that, it still doesn’t matter. We are in a boat with NE, NYG and Denver, but they’ve at least won a game. The Giants have had a brutal schedule (Dallas, Miami, Buffalo and SF). Patriots at least kept the Philly and Miami games close. Denver had one horrific game but has kept every other game close. We’ve had two close games, one because we had a 99 yard interception TD and the other because of a score with 1 minute left against prevent.

I don't really care about any of that. All I was saying was if you are trying to get an accurate look at how our offense compares to other offenses in the NFL when it comes to scoring points you have to judge them by similar criteria. Cherry picking stats to fit a narrative no matter if its right or wrong will never make sense to me. No doubt we are the worst team in the NFL currently when it comes to our dearth of talent and our record I don't think anyone is going to dispute that.

9 hours ago, falconlynx said:

My rebuttal is the terrible offense has put our defense in some very bad spots and they’re worn out by the 3rd and 4th quarter when most of the opponent’s points get piled on. 

Offense has put defense in terrible shape on several occasions. Turnovers giving other team short field. 

So I did the math:

The Saints have only one defensive TD so their offense has scored more than ours. 98 for us, 102 for them. 

Atlanta has 0 defensive TDs so all 99 of their points is from offense. 98 for us, 99 for them. 

So now we are third… Tampa has scored 90 total points. They have also only played 5 games. They have one defensive touchdown so 83 points from offense. 

Offensive totals for the NFC South when you remove defensive scores:

Saints = 102
Falcons = 99
Panthers = 98
Bucs = 83 in one less game. 

18 hours ago, rayzor said:

Bad offense hurts the defense.

An offense that can't score, can't get first downs, can't move the ball, and can't keep on the field all cripples a defense, especially over the course of a game. The longer the offensive ineptitude goes on, the worse the defense does.

Tell that to the Jets. It’s a convenient excuse. 

18 hours ago, falconlynx said:

My rebuttal is the terrible offense has put our defense in some very bad spots and they’re worn out by the 3rd and 4th quarter when most of the opponent’s points get piled on. 

Beat me to it. Turnovers in particular have killed any momentum and set our defense up for near impossible situations. 

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

So I did the math:

The Saints have only one defensive TD so their offense has scored more than ours. 98 for us, 102 for them. 

Atlanta has 0 defensive TDs so all 99 of their points is from offense. 98 for us, 99 for them. 

So now we are third… Tampa has scored 90 total points. They have also only played 5 games. They have one defensive touchdown so 83 points from offense. 

Offensive totals for the NFC South when you remove defensive scores:

Saints = 102
Falcons = 99
Panthers = 98
Bucs = 83 in one less game. 

It’s close enough to tell you that we aren’t 0-6 on offense alone.