• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte trade inquiry

Martin

17 hours ago, BrianS said:

Irrelevant.  What other teams value him as would be far more important in this equation.

However, as I said in the other thread, we aren't trading him.  Our depth is terrible and you can't tell your team six games in that you're giving up on the season.

The only person that might be able to save our season is Wilks.

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This year alone, yeah. Troy has been better.

Which, we also have to remember that Donte is coming off an Achilles injury. He may simply not be the same player he was before that injury.

Agreed, Donte not a starting CB going forward.

I wonder if Troy Hill playing so well has anything to do with this little nugget?

"Hill, who spent six of his last seven seasons with the Los Angeles Rams, knows two people in particular. The 32-year-old played under Panthers defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero from 2017 to 2020 as well as defensive backs/secondary coach Jonathan Cooley in2020 and 2022—both of whom were on the Rams’ staff during Hill’s pair of Hollywood tenures."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/03/panthers-troy-hill-free-agency-reveals-justin-houston/

Fire sale. At this point we need to burn it down at restart.  Keeping dudes like D-Jax and Burns who in reality aren't as good as their salaries/potential salaries suggest are just hamstringing us later down the road.  If trying to cobble 2-3 wins in the goal here--not in a row--all season, then overpaying dudes makes zero sense.  Yes, Chicago gets our pick and that may be #1 overall, but who cares?  The egg on our face is already there and couple of wins isn't going to somehow take the stink of that turd.

• Beer 1

I wouldn’t trade Donte for a 5th. 

That’s not worth trading a CB in your two deep unless the cap savings is too big to ignore. $6mil in 2024? I say keep him, hope he returns to average CB play and trade him next year to a contender with injuries in their secondary if our season isn’t going well. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Poo 1

43 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I wouldn’t trade Donte for a 5th. 

That’s not worth trading a CB in your two deep unless the cap savings is too big to ignore. $6mil in 2024? I say keep him, hope he returns to average CB play and trade him next year to a contender with injuries in their secondary if our season isn’t going well. 

I doubt many teams would even give a 5th for him, he has been hot garbage this season and he never was that good to begin with. He had a couple of nice INTs in his career but always inconsistent. 

It's not like our defense is top tier.  We need to rebuild and if we're getting a 1st round pick for him, it be hard to pass up.  I love Jackson and want him to stay but this team need to find out who's worthy of stayng and who isn't.  

Sadly, I'd also listen to offers for Horn.  Guy just can't stay healthy.   We'd probably trade him, and he never misses another game.