• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

For me it’s not about being a playoff team it’s about doing everything we can week to week to help make Young feel more comfortable. 

Same which is why it’s important we make a trade to acquire a WR

I think it’s pretty unrealistic to think we’re going to be able to lure a top WR FA to this dog sh!t organization. Plus not many top WR’s hit the open market anymore 

• Pie 2

This team needs to stop throwing good money after bad. Midseason trade market is going to be filled with other teams' problems and unwanteds. There are no fanciful deals where a team is looking to unload a player that is up and coming for a 4th round pick! It's a buyer beware market, and here we come strolling into town like hayseed hicks with a little money burning a hole in our pocket.

• Pie 5

Just now, UnluckyforSome said:

This team needs to stop throwing good money after bad. Midseason trade market is going to be filled with other teams' problems and unwanteds. There are no fanciful deals where a team is looking to unload a player that is up and coming for a 4th round pick! It's a buyer beware market, and here we come strolling into town like hayseed hicks with a little money burning a hole in our pocket.

We are not one piece away. We need starters and depth at every position.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree, but how many young WRs, assuming they are a WR1 or have WR1 potential, are really out there?

I don't know if they've talked to Detroit or Houston, but I like the thought of Jameson Williams and John Metchie with Young back together again.

That's why I think it's more just internal discussions about trying to go after someone as opposed to even the slightest beginning of trade talks with another team.

I'd LOVE to get Williams, I just don't see how we could get it done.  The only way would be Burns + Chark or TMJ for Williams and draft picks, but I still struggle to see them wanting to pay Burns and then have to do Hutchinson after next offseason too.

Metchie seems more doable seeing how Tank Dell has come on for them this year, but I don't think they're giving up on their 2nd round pick last year for like a 5th or 6th, which is really all I'd be comfortable giving up to get him, and he is far from "very notable" anyways, so doubt that's what is being referred to here.

Our best bet to get a #1 right now is Higgins, don't think there really is even another remotely legitimate option during the season.

Our next best chance would be hoping there is a Tyreek or AJ Brown type of scenario this offseason, where a team just doesn't want to give a new contract to an elite WR and they become available in a trade that way.

As much as they’d like to keep pass rusher Brian Burns long term, sources familiar with team owner David Tepper have told Yahoo Sports that the priority in the organization in the near-term is to use assets to help fortify the future of quarterback Bryce Young. What they’d like to do is acquire a nice young offensive piece to help Young (preferably a skill position player). That is going to come with cost. And that cost is listening to offers on Burns, who will carry a significant $11 million in salary cap load to any team that acquires him, as well as necessitating a contract extension.

Yahoo Sports senior NFL reporter Charles Robinson

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Perhaps Diggs or Jefferson, maybe Smith

Jefferson isn't being traded, period.

Diggs would be a chernobyl level disaster.  While I absolutely love the player he is, the guy is constantly throwing fits because Josh Allen can't get him the ball enough to make him happy, do you really think Bryce is going to be able to do a better job?  And that's not to even mention that he hates losing, it's just a bad bad bad fit for us at this time, despite how good of a player he is.

Smith COULD be interesting, but it won't happen during the season.  

The Eagles are clearly legitimate SB contenders, they aren't trading Smith during this season.  But come the offseason, I could see a scenario where they trade him to get picks instead of giving him a monster contract extension seeing as they already have Brown on a big deal and will likely need a new one after next season as well.  

I doubt they move him, but he very well could fall into that same category as Higgins where a contending team just can't put THAT much money into WR contracts and needs to move him because of that.

Edited by tukafan21