• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inquiring Teams told Burns not avaiable

Daeavorn

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not getting an offer they like seems like the most reasonable scenario.

I do remember there being some chatter that maybe that decision was coming from "above" but I never knew how seriously to take that.

In light of discussions about what role Tepper played in a quarterback selection though, It might make you wonder.

but weren't you or somebody at one time linking articles talking about how Fitt and Frank agreed not to talk about their preferences at QB during the draft process until the end and it when they did, they both liked Young from the start.

I seem to get chastised for not believing everything I read.....

I guess it depends on the agenda.

• Beer 3

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

but weren't you or somebody at one time linking articles talking about how Fitt and Frank agreed not to talk about their preferences at QB during the draft process until the end and it when they did, they both liked Young from the start.

There is the standard PR stuff and then the deviations from that. Who really knows which is which until later but the further the diviations get from the standard the more telling they are.

This year vs last 3 years versions are wildly different. Tepper either doesn't have the skills, aweness or care to do any of that so he is pretty transparent when he opens his mouth but the team had a unified story they told all offseason after about March if I remember correctly.

It is fun to watch it flip in usage around here. The gain of salt is more a boulder but it should still go with all of the PR stuff except Tepper because he loves telling on himself.

14 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

It was also reported Reich had to be convinced young was the guy.  Telling me this is straight from the teppers.  

32 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Yes. It’s only been since Young and the team struggled that the CYA started. Same thing for Fitt excuses that it was all Rhule, now it’s all Tepper. I’ve linked plenty of articles where Reich and Fitt talked about their love of Young and how they both came to the same conclusion. Now it’s well, they really liked Stroud (it was Richardson before he got hurt) and Tepper forced their hand.

People keep posting Tepper’s description of a point guard so not needing stud WRs when I found an article from Brown talking about Young as a point guard. Again, people that think Tepper came up with the analogy are guys who told us Fitt just needed a chance without Rhule and that Reich was an amazing coach with a stud cast around him. Seems to me from all the pre-draft articles from Fitt, Reich and Brown that the point guard stuff is what they told Tepper to sell him on both the trade up and the inclusion of Moore and Tepper was just regurgitating but Tepper is the new Rhule because he texts Reich all the play calls and made every draft move.

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was also reported Reich had to be convinced young was the guy.  Telling me this is straight from the teppers.  

That was only reported after we looked awful in preseason and started off 0-4. Amazing that people think Tepper came up with the point guard analogy.

Here’s an article on Thomas Brown in March (it summarizes an interview in February):

https://carolinablitz.com/2023/03/30/change-the-math-which-quarterback-would-best-fit-thomas-browns-offense/amp/

Tepper’s point guard reference was 1-2 months after that article/original interview and right before the draft. Tepper did not create the point guard analogy.

• Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Waldo said:

There is the standard PR stuff and then the deviations from that. Who really knows which is which until later but the further the diviations get from the standard the more telling they are.

This year vs last 3 years versions are wildly different. Tepper either doesn't have the skills, aweness or care to do any of that so he is pretty transparent when he opens his mouth but the team had a unified story they told all offseason after about March if I remember correctly.

It is fun to watch it flip in usage around here. The gain of salt is more a boulder but it should still go with all of the PR stuff except Tepper because he loves telling on himself.

Tepper is the new scapegoat. He’s involved but the February/March/April pre-draft articles were all from Fitt and the coaches and never mentioned Tepper. When Frank and Fitt described their “proposal” and agreeing before and after evaluations, they never mentioned anything about Tepper.

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Tepper is the new scapegoat. He’s involved but the February/March/April pre-draft articles were all from Fitt and the coaches and never mentioned Tepper. When Frank and Fitt described their “proposal” and agreeing before and after evaluations, they never mentioned anything about Tepper.

Tepper has been the problem since he hired Rhule in a lot of minds, it just took others longer to see it. Fitt is either a yes man to him or he is just bad at his job. IDK, all of that PR stuff leading up to the draft sounded like fluff and BS to me. I was only impressed that is was at least well done vs the stuff from years before. Either way, Fitt even having a job when he should have been tossed with Rhule is 100% on Tepper any way you look at it. 

You are also forgetting the things that were leaking a few weeks ago. Tepper absolutely has been way more involved then is good for the team and pretty much dashed the PR version to pieces but there are not enough on the record stuff to verify the entire story yet. Either way, the original stuff is now obviously not the entire story and just raises more questions than we have answers yet. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

That was only reported after we looked awful in preseason and started off 0-4. Amazing that people think Tepper came up with the point guard analogy.

Here’s an article on Thomas Brown in March (it summarizes an interview in February):

https://carolinablitz.com/2023/03/30/change-the-math-which-quarterback-would-best-fit-thomas-browns-offense/amp/

Tepper’s point guard reference was 1-2 months after that article/original interview and right before the draft. Tepper did not create the point guard analogy.

There was a video of Tepper talking his BS. It was posted here all over the place here. You not knowing about it does not make it not exist. 

• Pie 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:22 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

We're treating this like he's Aaron Donald or JJ Watt or prime Von Miller. Burns ain't that. He's not the cornerstone of a dominant defense.

It's a pure face saving exercise.

You can't turn down two first round picks and a second round pick then accept a lesser offer the year after. 

That's admitting you fuged up. The worrying thing is that Fitterer isn't being overruled by Tepper, which suggests he's no closer to being fired. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Beer 1