• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panther OL Michael Wahle on Ikey

Tbe

48 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Ive been meaning to make a thread about WR coach jefferson, campy, Mccown, and duce. They all done piss poor and were labeled as saviors etc. 

frank took most of the heat and they deserve most of it. 

Do you blame the coaches if players start out bad or wait until they finish bad?

I want to see how we look by the end of the year before I go off on anybody.

The o-line has been underwhelming, and some of that falls on the coach. There are a lot of teams with missing and injured linemen and they seem to be able to coach around it, and so should we. So Campen needs to step it up.

I have no problem with the fact that he was laughing at an angry fan. It has no correlation whatsoever to how he feels about the performance of himself or his group.

Edited by Martin
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

This. I can confirm he does not give a rats ass.

I was at the Seattle game sitting on the tunnel after that 8 false start performance and when I saw Campen walking into the tunnel, I looked him right in the eye and said 8 false start is way to fugging many, clean it up and get these guys right. He looked back over his shoulder at me and smiled, laughed and then shook his head.

He's a journeyman coach that got paid based on his seniority. He should've been canned with Rhule.

Players get paid and quit...why cant coaches...If my name was attached to this oline i'd be embarrassed af...

5 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I am ready to see Ekwanu go to guard and worry about sealing that inside for a QB to step into. 

After a couple more years maybe he can learn enough to do better at LT. 

A couple of years to get his feet wet in the pros at G may have been the best thing anyway. 

Not far from it myself. Short QBs make OG play more valuable than usual.

I honestly think Christensen should challenge him at LT in training camp next year if he doesn't show up significantly improved. Hopefully he will.

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not far from it myself. Short QBs make OG play more valuable than usual.

I honestly think Christensen should challenge him at LT in training camp next year if he doesn't show up significantly improved. Hopefully he will.

That's what really sucks about losing BC for the season. We could have switched them and let it see how it panned out. Bc wasn't amazing, but his name wasn't being called a lot the few games he did start at LT. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's what really sucks about losing BC for the season. We could have switched them and let it see how it panned out. Bc wasn't amazing, but his name wasn't being called a lot the few games he did start at LT. 

I wonder what scheme the OL/Offense ran while BC was at BYU. Much the way Ikey is struggling with a heavier focus on passing vs. run-heavy under Rhule, could BC be a better LT in this offense vs. the previous regime?

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you blame the coaches if players start out bad or wait until they finish bad?

I want to see how we look by the end of the year before I go off on anybody.

It’s football not rocket science. The fact they had a whole offseason and half a regular season and the starting RB and WRS and OL still don’t know what to do on any given play is 100% coaching

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s football not rocket science. The fact they had a whole offseason and half a regular season and the starting RB and WRS and OL still don’t know what to do on any given play is 100% coaching

Modern football in general, and OL play in particular, is highly cerebral.