• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce defenders, please give me a reason why you're still hopeful

TN05

6 minutes ago, lightsout said:

This is the only serious take (I stopped reading the thread because it's that good). 

If you don't think this, you're hurt over not having the shiny rookie QB of this draft in Stroud (I am too but sheesh people) or you are too drunk to be reasonable tonight. 

We're in the suck as a team. Nobody is going to see a well reasoned response as to why we have hope in a rookie who is struggling currently. All I can say is Tua. That's what we have to hope for out of Bryce. To track the way Tua did, let his game feel and decision making lead him where his physical tools lack. But to do that....we need weapons like Tua has.

Fitt is our issue. Until he is gone this team is in the gutter.

Spoiler alert.   

fitt drafted young

few things... rookie season, easily the worst offensive roster in the league, HC who was fired less than a year ago, first time OC calling plays, has strung together a few games and shown some stuff. 

I'd like to believe we can't be worse from an offensive roster standpoint next year and want to see what Bryce can do year 2. It's not like we can move off of him before 2025 anyway. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Where are these smart talent evaluators?

Surely you don't mean in Charlotte? Need I remind you how bad our recent Drafts have been?

Connor Stalions, an “analyst” out of Michigan, just hit the open market.  He’s a real up and comer.  He’s got that “do whatever it takes” attitude.  

• Beer 1

Stroud was phenomenal today but he had 3 receivers go over 100 yrds and Brown had 153.  There is no WR or TE that can do that here.

Their OL is better as well.  It’s apples and oranges 

That takes nothing away from CJ.  He doesn’t have a run game and he has been incredibly accurate just like everyone knew he was a OSU.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

I'm hopeful that he can still be an All-Pro. I'm not hopeful that it'll be with Carolina after the fanbase runs him out of town this year.

Let him go to McVay. We'll keep our treadmill picks that we get in return, which will definitely be lower once McVay sprinkles the magic dust on him. Or maybe he can go to Minny and see what life is like with JJ.

At that point we'll accept that we're Bears South, where QB careers go to die. Maybe it's karma for Cam's treatment, who let's be clear, half this forum hated even during the MVP season...and we still have people who debated whether or not his number should be retired.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Jmac said:

He is not a franchise QB.....period

That remains to be seen imo, but I didn't say Franchise, I said starting. Goff, Cousins, Tannehill, etc, somewhere between the 14th and 18th ranked QB. You can win with them, provided they have some talent and coaching around them.

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Stroud was phenomenal today but he had 3 receivers go over 100 yrds and Brown had 153.  There is no WR or TE that can do that here.

Their OL is better as well.  It’s apples and oranges 

That takes nothing away from CJ.  He doesn’t have a run game and he has been incredibly accurate just like everyone knew he was a OSU.

This post is peak cope. We lit Stroud up at BOA just a week ago. How did his OL and weapons help him? How did his defense help him?

Noah Brown his top receiver had barely 900 career yards over 5 seasons entering today's game.

You guys pretending he has a stellar cast are high af on copium. At least be upfront about it and stop trying to pass off this drivel as anything less.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

This post is peak cope. We lit Stroud up at BOA just a week ago. How did his OL and weapons help him? How did his defense help him?

Noah Brown his top receiver had barely 900 career yards over 5 seasons entering today's game.

You guys pretending he has a stellar cast are high af on copium. At least be upfront about it and stop trying to pass off this drivel as anything less.

This. CJ makes Nico, Tank, and Noah look good. Not the other way around.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Cullenator said:

People a lot smarter about football and talent evaluation than I am (or than the collective mind of the Huddle) havent given up on him yet so Im following their lead

Like who and with what track records? He's not getting taller, his arm isn't getting stronger, at best he might get better at reading defenses and throwing less interceptions. We've gone through roughly 4 years of hell just to get back to having Teddy B or Kyle Allen and no 1st round pick next year