• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

On 11/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, Lame Duck said:

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game.  It was pretty disgusting.  What did I do?  I bought Bryce jersey instead. 

Back in March, I wanted Stroud.  I said he was the most NFL ready player in the draft and I got absolutely pooed on.  I’m telling you now that Bryce will be very special but Panthers fans need to be patient.

During the path to draft, Bryce was compared to Drew Brees and so far, he looks identical.  You might think I’m crazy but hear me out.  In first three season in the NFL, Drew Brees averaged per game 200 yards passing, 1 TD,  1 interceptions, and rating of 73. These stats are nearly identical to Bryce Young (Bryce is actually better).  San Diego got impatient and dumped Brees and the rest is history.

You might say well Bryce and Brees are not the same but actually, their playing style is absolutely identical.

Here are Brees highlight from 2018.  Even in his prime, Brees needed to step into his throws to generate velocity but there are some big differences.  Brees feet and release.  Brees takes three rapid steps and uncorks the bullet.

Bryce footwork is a complete nightmare.  He is very heavy footed.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  Bryce legit takes one step back and barely moves.  He also takes too long to uncork.  He does not read the field yet and not because he’s a slow processor but because the game will need to slowdown for him just like it did with Brees.

All I will say about Bryce, please be patient or we’ll end up like San Diego.

Also, please stop trashing Burns.  Today I saw why they refusing to trade him.  Dude is a role model when cameras are not on him.  He always talks to everyone on defense, he brings total energy during defensive break.  Him and Brown are very very tight.  Burns also very active with the fans and responds to folks when they call his name.

IMG_6509.jpeg

I do not understand fans booing Bryce.

He was drafted to come play here by the team

Boo the owners and coaches and others who made the choice to bring him here

On 11/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Jay Roosevelt said:

Great post. I'm ashamed of how a large portion of this fan base has treated Bryce. Yet I guarantee you if/when he turns it around and develops into a franchise QB these same fans will be wearing his jersey.

I'm not even saying that it's a sure bet that he's going to work out, but you don't give up on the #1 pick in the draft after half his rookie season, especially when the team around him is so awful.

Nope. I promise you that won’t happen in my case. And has nothing to do with Young. 

It would be nice if your other prediction wasn’t wrong.

5 hours ago, RJK said:

Drew Brees would be a light heavyweight, Bryce is a welterweight. That’s a huge difference 

Yeah. People are just determined to pump him up. 

Reality is, well I looked at the weight difference between Brees and Young and then between Brees ands Prototypical QB size, and it is about the same. 

Meaning that if you give Brees what you are giving Young in the weight and height “inflation” estimate or comparisons when you make them between Young and Brees, it would pretty much be enough to give Brees prototypical NFL QB size.

So it is not an insignificant exaggeration. 

Watch people come in and totally not understand this, 3, 2, 1…. 

• Beer 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:50 PM, thennek said:

I hope you are right but Brees was slightly taller, heavier and had a bigger frame. By initial looks, Brees also had more zip in the ball too. 
I think the biggest issue most have is what the Panthers gave up to get Young. If he was a second round pick like Brees I do not think you would be seeing the same negative emotions. I also think if the Panthers stayed at 9 and picked Young most would not be as negative. 

Absolutely. I understand a long odds bet. I don’t understand betting that same long odds proposition as if it were even money. 

2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

Yeah. People are just determined to pump him up. 

Reality is, well I looked at the weight difference between Brees and Young and then between Brees ands Prototypical QB size, and it is about the same. 

Meaning that if you give Brees what you are giving Young in the weight and height “inflation” estimate or comparisons when you make them between Young and Brees, it would pretty much be enough to give Brees prototypical NFL QB size.

So it is not an insignificant exaggeration. 

Watch people come in and totally not understand this, 3, 2, 1…. 

Ask yourself.........do you ever see this kid being capable of winning a SB? 

No he is not!?

He doesn’t have half the arm strength that Brees has. That pass to Hurst down the sideline took 10 minutes to get there. Drew Brees also didn’t panic and throw the ball up randomly each time he was going to get hit. Hell 3 or 4 times this year, he has gotten hit and the ball goes flying out of his hands. (Lions, Saints, Falcons, Vikings) 

His been picked on 2 or 3 screen passes this year. And the rest are because he can’t see over the middle. He sucks. It’s okay to admit it. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, pamlicopanther said:

I do not understand fans booing Bryce.

He was drafted to come play here by the team

Boo the owners and coaches and others who made the choice to bring him here

in the stands Sunday I heard the most people go at Frank.   Just during the normal flow of the game. 

only folks I heard go at Bryce were just the pick 6 type moments.  Which is normal.