• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game.  It was pretty disgusting.  What did I do?  I bought Bryce jersey instead. 

Back in March, I wanted Stroud.  I said he was the most NFL ready player in the draft and I got absolutely pooed on.  I’m telling you now that Bryce will be very special but Panthers fans need to be patient.

During the path to draft, Bryce was compared to Drew Brees and so far, he looks identical.  You might think I’m crazy but hear me out.  In first three season in the NFL, Drew Brees averaged per game 200 yards passing, 1 TD,  1 interceptions, and rating of 73. These stats are nearly identical to Bryce Young (Bryce is actually better).  San Diego got impatient and dumped Brees and the rest is history.

You might say well Bryce and Brees are not the same but actually, their playing style is absolutely identical.

Here are Brees highlight from 2018.  Even in his prime, Brees needed to step into his throws to generate velocity but there are some big differences.  Brees feet and release.  Brees takes three rapid steps and uncorks the bullet.

Bryce footwork is a complete nightmare.  He is very heavy footed.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  Bryce legit takes one step back and barely moves.  He also takes too long to uncork.  He does not read the field yet and not because he’s a slow processor but because the game will need to slowdown for him just like it did with Brees.

All I will say about Bryce, please be patient or we’ll end up like San Diego.

Also, please stop trashing Burns.  Today I saw why they refusing to trade him.  Dude is a role model when cameras are not on him.  He always talks to everyone on defense, he brings total energy during defensive break.  Him and Brown are very very tight.  Burns also very active with the fans and responds to folks when they call his name.

IMG_6509.jpeg

• Pie 13
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 8

Great post. I'm ashamed of how a large portion of this fan base has treated Bryce. Yet I guarantee you if/when he turns it around and develops into a franchise QB these same fans will be wearing his jersey.

I'm not even saying that it's a sure bet that he's going to work out, but you don't give up on the #1 pick in the draft after half his rookie season, especially when the team around him is so awful.

• Pie 5
  • Poo 1

I hope you are right but Brees was slightly taller, heavier and had a bigger frame. By initial looks, Brees also had more zip in the ball too. 
I think the biggest issue most have is what the Panthers gave up to get Young. If he was a second round pick like Brees I do not think you would be seeing the same negative emotions. I also think if the Panthers stayed at 9 and picked Young most would not be as negative. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game.  It was pretty disgusting.  What did I do?  I bought Bryce jersey instead. 

Back in March, I wanted Stroud.  I said he was the most NFL ready player in the draft and I got absolutely pooed on.  I’m telling you now that Bryce will be very special but Panthers fans need to be patient.

During the path to draft, Bryce was compared to Drew Brees and so far, he looks identical.  You might think I’m crazy but hear me out.  In first three season in the NFL, Drew Brees averaged per game 200 yards passing, 1 TD,  1 interceptions, and rating of 73. These stats are nearly identical to Bryce Young (Bryce is actually better).  San Diego got impatient and dumped Brees and the rest is history.

You might say well Bryce and Brees are not the same but actually, their playing style is absolutely identical.

Here are Brees highlight from 2018.  Even in his prime, Brees needed to step into his throws to generate velocity but there are some big differences.  Brees feet and release.  Brees takes three rapid steps and uncorks the bullet.

Bryce footwork is a complete nightmare.  He is very heavy footed.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  Bryce legit takes one step back and barely moves.  He also takes too long to uncork.  He does not read the field yet and not because he’s a slow processor but because the game will need to slowdown for him just like it did with Brees.

All I will say about Bryce, please be patient or we’ll end up like San Diego.

Also, please stop trashing Burns.  Today I saw why they refusing to trade him.  Dude is a role model when cameras are not on him.  He always talks to everyone on defense, he brings total energy during defensive break.  Him and Brown are very very tight.  Burns also very active with the fans and responds to folks when they call his name.

IMG_6509.jpeg

Honestly this was a terrific post 

• Pie 2

But do we have the HC/GM to capitalize? One thing Payton did in NOLA was prioritize guard play over tackles. Running this offense, you get the ball out quick and the Saints always put a very heavy emphasis on not letting pressure get to Brees up the middle. This offense needs a legit WR yes, but being 8 weeks in now it's clear our #1 priority after this season has to be shoring up the O-Line for next year

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1