• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this fanbase not suited for a rookie QB?

BrisbanePanther

Just now, ickmule said:

Nothing Bryce does reminds me of anything Cam did. Cam had physical skills that we could all see would make him good. Bryce,  he looks like a high school kid playing in the pros. 

that’s because as the huddle’s dumbest poster the extent of your football iq extends strictly to “ball go fast” 

btw we all remember you here for that season vomiting the same bad takes up about cam-and over the course of his career-that you are now, you’ve got an enduring legacy as the worst poster on this forum so do me a favor and go back to rage mashing your opinions into the void while the rest of us use our well trained eyes to auto-scroll past anything you say.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

When they say poo they don’t even believe, I do

If we had drafted this kid in the mid rounds your constant anguish on his behalf might have some semblance of sense given the risk vs reward of the investment. But we all know that's not the case.

What it boils down to for you and some others is you simply do not want anyone poking holes in your bubble to cope with our current predicament. You should create your own community and go live out that fantasy as you see fit.

• Pie 1

At one point, didn’t AR have more TDs than Bryce while missing a game, before his surgery? Stroud looks like a beast, I think we just expected a guy we traded the farm for and had all this praise to show some flashes of greatness. So far, he’s just shown flashes of being capable. I’ve seen a lot of people say Texans have all these weapons and all that and they are better than Carolina’s, would those weapons look as good if young was their qb as opposed to stroud? I would guess not. 

I said this yesterday, I’m not giving up on young yet, we still have a long way to go this season. BUT, it’s not looking good lol. 

42 minutes ago, Growl said:

we all remember you here for that season vomiting the same bad takes up about cam-and over the course of his career

Funny thing, I was right about Cam. The dude was finished and he never played another game where he made a difference and was a fraction of his once very good self. What so many fail to see is, while Cam was extremely athletic, he was not a clutch QB. Did he make the occasional clutch play, yes….but it was never consistent over a period of years.  You can pretend Bryce will be above average someday if you want, but most can see he’s a bust that lacks the physical attributes to last in the NFL. 

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

What so many fail to see is, while Cam was extremely athletic, he was not a clutch QB. Did he make the occasional clutch play, yes….but it was never consistent over a period of years.  

This is just an unbelievably bad take.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Cam-Newton-fourth-quarter-comebacks-Aaron-Rodgers-123660439/

Not just this, but how many times early on in his career when our D was utter trash would we have a late game drive to put us up or tie just to watch our D go out there and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Can we please not poo on former Panthers greats while we're in the midst of literally the worst stretch of football in the history of an already bad franchise? There's just nothing to gain by shitting on pleasant memories. Hell, it's the only joy that we have as Panthers fans right now.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is just an unbelievably bad take.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Cam-Newton-fourth-quarter-comebacks-Aaron-Rodgers-123660439/

Not just this, but how many times early on in his career when our D was utter trash would we have a late game drive to put us up or tie just to watch our D go out there and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory?

Can we please not poo on former Panthers greats while we're in the midst of literally the worst stretch of football in the history of an already bad franchise? There's just nothing to gain by shitting on pleasant memories. Hell, it's the only joy that we have as Panthers fans right now.

Yeah I can remember, like, multiple game winning drives. Several in 2015. Including one where Cam made the “I got this” face. 

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

We want competent QB play

This team, going back to its debut years in the NFL has always suffered from bad QB choices, among many others. Kerry Collins was above average and could have been much better than he was. Jake Delhomme was a journeyman who found himself in a once-in-a-lifetime situation surrounded with massive talent. Cam Newton was lightning in a bottle and probably set fan expectations way too high for the future. 

That's it.

Then there were the other choices- Clausen, Stefan LeFors, Jeff Lewis, Chris Weinke, Randy Fasani, Tony Pike. And those are just the draft choices.

The Panthers have been plagued by bad decisions for 30 years now, with way more misses than hits.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's also that, according to our illustrious leaders, Stroud wouldn't be capable of what he's doing right now for years. 

I honestly think Tepper and his "muh analytics" mindset got sold HARD on the S2 test. He thought there was a legit QB evaluation analytical cheat code. Nevermind that this guy has the build and arm of a HS JV QB. He's a super processor.

It's one of the few legit reasons I can come up with that Stroud was evidently eliminated from the running very early on in the evaluation process.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1