• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Uh I know the internet is serious business but what exactly was I spamming @rayzor 

since you want the laundry hung out in public, it wasn't supposed to be for spamming. spamming is the default for some reason. it was supposed to be for the insult, ie "verbally abusive".

• Flames 1

He made his wife VP with ZERO experience. As soon as that went down, I knew something wasn't right. He sees himself as the BOSS (he holds the check book), and his wife 2nd in command.

He is never going to give up doing what he wants. This team is doomed as long as that is the case.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I like you Scot. But after dozens of posts of you telling me and others in a condescending manner that David Tepper isn't a meddler this is very delicious

Don't know that I've ever had a positive opinion on Temper, outside of saying at least he's capable of learning.

But to be clear (which I thought I was) I still don't know to what level he's influencing things. That's why I couches my discussions in terms of "if".

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

He made his wife VP with ZERO experience. As soon as that went down, I knew something wasn't right. He sees himself as the boss and his wife 2nd in command.

He is never going to give up doing what he wants. This team is doomed as long as that is the case.

Hiring unqualified family members for positions of power is something criminal business people do because close family members like a wife or son are about the only people they can trust to tell them where the bodies are 

3 minutes ago, Jmac said:

He made his wife VP with ZERO experience. As soon as that went down, I knew something wasn't right. He sees himself as the BOSS (he holds the check book), and his wife 2nd in command.

I have no issue with his wife being part of the business side of things.

(hell, I've got no problem with Tepper himself on that front)

When it comes to football though...

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know that I've ever had a positive opinion on Tepper, outside of saying at least he's capable of learning.

But to be clear (which I thought I was) I still don't know to what level he's influencing things. That's why I couches my discussions in terms of "if".

We can only speculate his influence. But he's been in on just about every draft pick phone call and he finds a way to get his mug in there at any significant press conference. Then there were the remarks Reich made about differences in ownership approach. The only question now is how much is he actually dictating to Scott Fitterer on major decisions. At this point one would have to be very naive to believe Mr. and Mrs. Tepper didn't influence at some level the decision on who to pick at #1. They didn't hide who they wanted. Until they change their ways we will continue to flounder and embarrass ourselves.

Edited by frankw

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously though, what's your updated opinion on Carr?

Honestly, he still doesn't move the needle for me. I think that he's OK, but I have serious questions as to whether or not he could ever win a championship. His ceiling seems like the second round of the playoffs.

Now do I think we'd have a better win-loss record this season? Sure. Would we be legitimate contenders to win a chip? No. If I could go back in time and acquire him and keep all our picks and D.J. Moore? Probably. He may have helped save us from ourselves. And that may have been worth it, especially if we'd have been players in the 2024 QB draft class. 

But, honestly, I'd rather have Stroud than Carr, or even Levis than Carr. Carr has always struck me as being decent to pretty good, depending upon the week, but never ever great. Nothing he has done this season has changed my mind.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

We can only speculate his influence. But he's been in on just about every draft pick phone call and he finds a way to get his mug in there at any significant press conference. Then there were the remarks made about differences in ownership approach. The only question now is how much is he actually dictating to Scott Fitterer on major decisions. At this point one would have to be very naive to believe Mr. and Mrs. Tepper didn't influence at some level the decision on who to pick at #1. They didn't hide who they wanted. Until they change their ways we will continue to founder and embarrass ourselves.

To be clear, I actually started writing this thread during the bye week. Just hadn't posted it till now because my thoughts were still coalescing...

Here's one of them.

Back during Fitterer's first draft with Rhule, there was a moment in the draft video where Tepper turned to whomever was on the phone and directed them what to say back to another team.

I didn't necessarily think that much of it at the time because what he said wasn't that big a deal, but in the wake of Frank Reich's comments about Tepper's involvement that moment came back up.

In truth, that's one of the reasons why I started asking questions to begin with.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, he still doesn't move the needle for me. I think that he's OK, but I have serious questions as to whether or not he could ever win a championship. His ceiling seems like the second round of the playoffs.

Now do I think we'd have a better win-loss record this season? Sure. Would we be legitimate contenders to win a chip? No. If I could go back in time and acquire him and keep all our picks and D.J. Moore? Probably. He may have helped save us from ourselves. And that may have been worth it, especially if we'd have been players in the 2024 QB draft class. 

But, honestly, I'd rather have Stroud than Carr, or even Levis than Carr. Carr has always struck me as being decent to pretty good, depending upon the week, but never ever great. Nothing he has done this season has changed my mind.

I think the bigger deal for me would have been the ability to put off the decision until we saw more of what was going to happen under Reich.

That would have required patience though, and neither Tepper nor the fanbase seems to have much of that.