• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

experienced coaching staff, yet CAR looks the most dysfunctional yet.

Saca312

rhule sold us on snake oil but at least he made the team somewhat competent at times. even under him, they were slightly more disciplined than they are now (dbo sign for the win!).

i've never seen a team unravel in one offseason to absolute gutter tier. it is past the midway point of the season and the offensive line keeps on getting miscommunication issues and straight up getting worse. bryce young still has little connection to any receiver outside theilen and still has timing/comfort issues with them. 

oh and frank reich's game management is also d league trash. like what in the fug, waste a timeout on a trash play and then kick a 59 yarder with a kicker who doesn't have a big leg?

dysfunction everywhere. like no cohesion or anything. 

so much for an all star coaching staff of experience. all that for one of the worst teams in carolina history, if not THE worst.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Rhule had better players. He was just a different breed of the same suck.

that is also fair. this team is a downgrade objectively.

but this team was touted as an upgrade across the board before the season. supposedly a complete oline with an upgraded wr group and an electric rb addition in sanders.

it is wild for all the hype, they've looked worse in every facet. and yes fitterer deserves the boot first thing for constructing this poo show, but reich isn't helping either.

It’s crazy. Nothing in any of these coaches history points to this level of incompetence. The playbook is trash, the play calling is trash, and the players are trash. I think it is clear the players cannot execute this playbook. But that has been clear since week 1. Yeah maybe you give them a few weeks and see if it clicks, but I just don’t get how at this point the coaches have made zero changes.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

that is also fair. this team is a downgrade objectively.

but this team was touted as an upgrade across the board before the season. supposedly a complete oline with an upgraded wr group and an electric rb addition in sanders.

it is wild for all the hype, they've looked worse in every facet. and yes fitterer deserves the boot first thing for constructing this poo show, but reich isn't helping either.

I mean, "touted" by pundits who get paid to guess. The 2015 Panthers were touted by Sports Illustrated as the worst team in the NFC South.

It's never gonna get better until you add talent, competent coaching (not coaching PR), and get Tepper out of the picture. 

• Beer 1

Just now, WUnderhill said:

It’s crazy. Nothing in any of these coaches history points to this level of incompetence. The playbook is trash, the play calling is trash, and the players are trash. I think it is clear the players cannot execute this playbook. But that has been clear since week 1. Yeah maybe you give them a few weeks and see if it clicks, but I just don’t get how at this point the coaches have made zero changes.

for all this experience they are very stubborn at sticking to a sinking ship in their playbook design.

you'd think this experience would help them realize it's a lost cause and change it up. after all this experience should mean they're familiar with various different concepts.

nah, instead they've duct taped themselves to the floor of this mariana trench bound ship.

19 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

well when you look back….Frank, Caldwell, Capers weren’t dinosaurs playing in a new version of the NFL.  Time is time.   These dudes are done.