• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're still mad about something some random person said about McCaffrey online 6 years ago?

You know we can direct you to the 49ers boards my guy.

Do you want me to explain the point in crayon? Is it hurting your brain that much? I mean that with the most respect possible, I am happy to spell it out.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Varking said:

I actually think Bryce will be fine here even with the current staff even though I know thats not a popular opinion just about anywhere. I don't like constant turnover and would like to give the folks involved their three years. If halfway through next season it still looks like this season then we should know by then if its a QB issue or a coach issue. Then we can swap one out come year 3 and see if it gets better. If not, then we move on from all involved. I read horror stories about QBs who didn't make it that were on a new coordinator or a new offense like 4 times in their first five years. 

I think it will take Reich truly stepping away from the offense and letting an OC create and run an offense centered around our players strengths. I’m not sure is Brown is that guy. He is still young but his play calling has been worse than Reich’s (and I was very high on Brown this offseason). As dumb as it sounds having O’Brien come in next year and create that Alabama offense for Young to run might be the simplest solution. 

We made a terrible trade and picked the wrong QB, but I’m with you in thinking Young can develop into a good QB. This offseason will be all about building an offense around him to see what he can do.

Just now, rayzor said:

I never wonder "what if?".

Too busy dealing with "what is".

What is the benefit in chasing down that trail? What good does it do anyone except to make yourself more miserable?

I think it’s more putting in context just how bad this front office and ownership is.   Trying to figure out just how bad we are in it.  

5 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

A portion of this fanbase excoriated Cam when he walked into this building for the first time and never stopped. Lots of people were done with him after 2014 when he didn’t get back to the playoffs and then 2015 happened.

It started in 2011.  We'd have like 500 yards of offense in a loss, and it was all Cam's fault because he threw an interception or overthrew like Legedu Naane or something

e: we did make the playoffs in 2014 though, that was the 7-8-1 campaign.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

That’s all I can do today. 

We fuged ourselves so incredibly bad. He’s everything we expected Bryce to be. 

I don’t want to hear anything about our o line or lack of weapons, CJ is elevating everyone around him. Hard stop. 

Yep. Bryce is a dud. 

• Pie 1

Comparing the ignorant bs directed at Newton for years from the media and his own fans to what Bryce Young is dealing with is honestly an insult to Cam.

Cam never got the benefit of the doubt even after being the ROTY.

Find a better hill to die on that ain't it.

• Pie 2

Just now, frankw said:

Comparing the ignorant bs directed at Newton for years from the media and his own fans to what Bryce Young is dealing with is honestly an insult to Cam.

Cam never got the benefit of the doubt even after being the ROTY.

Find a better hill to die on that ain't it.

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation. - Tony Soprano

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I never wonder "what if?".

Too busy dealing with "what is".

What is the benefit in chasing down that trail? What good does it do anyone except to make yourself more miserable?

If that’s what it takes for Tepper to realize he’s not omniscient, then by all means let Stroud win 10 Super Bowls and have him send over a commemorative pin after each one. 

7 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

It started in 2011.  We'd have like 500 yards of offense in a loss, and it was all Cam's fault because he threw an interception or overthrew like Legedu Naane or something

e: we did make the playoffs in 2014 though, that was the 7-8-1 campaign.

Yea, that was the season we played that horrible Cardinals team in the wild card cause Carson Palmer was hurt.