• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper and his qb desires

RumHam

You may forget that he wanted watson desparately and thankfully the browns outspent him. Watson is trash and is out for the season. Two years now of trash.

Tepper wanted Fields who is indeed a bust, so much of a bust he scared me off from stroud.

And now he got his guy with bryce and now the laughing stock of the league. Houston is now not a laughing stock. It comes down to physical tools AND the right coaching. We have neither. If we had stroud, maybe have three wins. If we had Houston's arsenal and coaches, we are probably the same if not worse.

Firing everyone now will not work. No coach or gm wants to come in with no first round pick. His ass needs to hire a consultant now to start looking for a gm outside the company (not morgan sorry) and have that person bring in the coach they want. Otherwise he will sign ron and hurney back bc it worked at one point

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Not true. It's the only way to turn this around.

Allowing Fit to make any more decisions continues to set us back by years and continuing with Reich and co. is never going to work.  

I think that what he's getting at is that it's Tepper actually making the call. It was widely reported that it was Tepper who was so obsessed with pursuing Watson and it was only when the cost got to the point of absurdity he accepted that it wasn't worth THAT.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I think he wants anyone perceived to be an upgrade. 

I respect that he seems desperate to improve the team and isn’t a complacent, absentee owner. With that said, he clearly isn’t an evaluator of talent who should have input on the roster. 

Yeah I can appreciate the desire but the desire becomes counterproductive when paired with incompetence and too much ego to recognize it. Tepper seems to have the philosophy that he cannot fail he can only be failed by the underlings around him.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You may forget that he wanted watson desparately and thankfully the browns outspent him. Watson is trash and is out for the season. Two years now of trash.

Tepper wanted Fields who is indeed a bust, so much of a bust he scared me off from stroud.

And now he got his guy with bryce and now the laughing stock of the league. Houston is now not a laughing stock. It comes down to physical tools AND the right coaching. We have neither. If we had stroud, maybe have three wins. If we had Houston's arsenal and coaches, we are probably the same if not worse.

Firing everyone now will not work. No coach or gm wants to come in with no first round pick. His ass needs to hire a consultant now to start looking for a gm outside the company (not morgan sorry) and have that person bring in the coach they want. Otherwise he will sign ron and hurney back bc it worked at one point

See, there's a flaw in your logic here.  You're assuming that with Stroud here we'd be running the same offense.  I feel comfortable saying we would not.  Stroud is a classic pocket QB who also has above average mobility.  It wouldn't make sense to run this scheme with Stroud.

It was well known that Reich likes big, strong armed QB's.  His system isn't strictly West Coast.  He does have some WC concepts, but he's closer to Erhardt-Perkins which marries the WC concepts with the Coryell concepts.

Had Stroud been the pick, I think our playbook would look very different.  

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah I can appreciate the desire but the desire becomes counterproductive when paired with incompetence and too much ego to recognize it. Tepper seems to have the philosophy that he cannot fail he can only be failed by the underlings around him.

I agree with you on Bryce Young, I think, but got to disagree about Tepper’s awareness. 

He knows if he was all over something or if he just went along because the professionals advised it. 

Everybody in the room or on the line at the time knows where the others stand.

I gotta hope he is at least trying to quit overriding professional opinions. If that was what he was doing. 

1 hour ago, Bigdaddy8523 said:

According to Twitter there was a 3 team trade up to the 2nd pick for us. After Houston found out we wanted Stroud they backed out forcing us to deal directly with Chi. After that we took Bryce because that's who Houston wanted and we didn't want to look like fools which we do! Smfh.

Well you kind of just made that up. 100% of reports says Houston would have taken Bryce if they had the choice. They lucked in to us taking him ahead of them.

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

Well you kind of just made that up. 100% of reports says Houston would have taken Bryce if they had the choice. They lucked in to us taking him ahead of them.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Reports were that we would've taken David Carr if we had the #1 pick instead of being forced to settle for Julius Peppers at #2 and then falling backasswards into Jake Delhomme.

• Pie 1