• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: Panthers Issues, Bryce, Reich, & More (Vid/Audio)

Bear Hands

28 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Bryce is a limited QB and always has been. I have no idea how these “experts” missed that.  

They used that stupid S2 test and convinced themselves that Bryce's intellect, which may be greater than average, makes up for his below average physical attributes. It's pretty impressive how that many experienced football guys all made the same mistake.

And as we can see from this video, Bryce's footwork isn't even all that great! I'm not sure he was ready enough to truly start, and I am not sure he can ever be a QB that can carry us to the playoffs or win a super bowl. 

If the entire team has to be perfect for him to succeed in then he isn't that special.

Edited by Daeavorn
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I will say, the impact on not being able to get on any sort of right track could cause many to really cut the team off.  

For me, the NBA transition to being a casual fan had a similar feel at this stage w/the Hornets.  

Annually, kept saying I wasn't going to continue watching but kept coming back.  Would put on the bigger games, but still follow them closely, get all bent out of shape or excited at FA/Draft moves. 

Eventually though, I've found 2-3 teams I enjoy rooting for, not as a heavy fan or anything, just enjoy watching (Kings, Pacers right now), and now, I barely even pay attention to what the Hornets are doing in the standings. Went from apathy/always coming back to truly just cutting it.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

35 minutes ago, ickmule said:

Bryce is a limited QB and always has been. I have no idea how these “experts” missed that.  

They all (the top 3 qbs) had equal measures of red flags and the idea that you give up your best player on the team to select just as much of a gamble at #1 as pick #3 is the most infuriating decisions of them all. Especially when you have all these qb whisperers on the team as we have.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

The team is run by 2 people who have no idea what they are doing or how the NFL even works and the rest are just going along with it. Take a crap job and that is on you. I don't feel for any of them and I hope they have a misrable time choking on their choices going forward.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, thunderraiden said:

They all (the top 3 qbs) had equal measures of red flags and the idea that you give up your best player on the team to select just as much of a gamble at #1 as pick #3 is the most infuriating decisions of them all. Especially when you have all these qb whisperers on the team as we have.

Yeah I think that is one of the biggest gripes.

Fitterer kept mentioning if you're trading up it means you have conviction for your guy. But we wheeled right at the combine and kept trying to figure out who we wanted.  They traded while still evaluating and made the whole QB pro-day tour   

Just so much desperation--You don't give up that much when you can't decide who you want.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

They have no singular identity or unified vision.

They brought in people from diverse backgrounds, but no idea how to make it cohesive.

It's a failed experiment.

Sometimes these things take time to analyze and work out. Sometimes it's pretty damn obvious quickly. This is one of those instances where it only took a couple weeks to figure out this isn't going to work.

The only thing we figured out later on in the season is it doesn't matter who is calling the plays. We don't have an identity schematically and we don't have coaches or personnel that can overcome that.... despite throwing tons of capital into both of those parts.

Who is at fault? Ultimately the guy writing the checks. He has done nothing but make piss poor decisions and he shows no signs of improvement...only more ways to fug it all up.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

• What we're doing offensively is just not making sense. The inside zone vs. spread conflict we've seen going on is true.  IMO, it's totally on coaching and Fitt.  Not the right personnel <-> scheme fit. We have the 2nd highest 11 personnel deployment in the league.  We're trying to run a Rams offense but without the pre-snap motion, bunch formations, no midirects, no typical bells and whistles.  Easy as hell to play defense against.  
  • No cohesive gameplan, no diverse route concepts, very bland and nothing scheme-worthy that would even get our receivers op

This is all just bad coaching. Frank needs to go. Anyone who couldn’t see it wasn’t working in camp or can’t figure out a way to fix it mid season shouldn’t have a job.

Bad ownership hires bad people.

• Pie 1