• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[GRAPH] Bryce's accuracy + separation for WRs

Icege

28 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Be honest though, there's WAY more examples of the WRs not getting separation than there are of Bryce not pulling the trigger. That's not even all on the WRs, that's on the scheme doing absolutely nothing to give them space to work with.

The offense is a mess top to bottom.

Everything has been bad which typically will indicate the scheme and coaching are to blame. There is plenty of talent on this offense, especially at OL. No excuse for the struggles to be this bad throughout the entire offense. I had serious hesitations on Reich for this very reason. His scheme is archaic which can be a disaster in the modern rapidly evolving NFL. Steichen really would’ve been a much better choice.

• Pie 3

Bryce can be contributing to our offensive woes while also suffering because of them.

He isn't making the most of every play, but he also isn't getting much help.

Many of us expect a #1 pick to be the reason an offense excels, not need a lot of help. But it doesn't matter anymore where he was drafted... What matters is he needs help on O and he's getting very little.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, t96 said:

Everything has been bad which typically will indicate the scheme and coaching are to blame. There is plenty of talent on this offense, especially at OL. No excuse for the struggles to be this bad throughout the entire offense. I had serious hesitations on Reich for this very reason. His scheme is archaic which can be a disaster in the modern rapidly evolving NFL. Steichen really would’ve been a much better choice.

Steichen and Johnson were my 1a and 1b this past offseason. Reich was below Evero who was below every available O-Coordinator.

I was optimistic with the coaching staff that was put together, but it's meant absolutely nothing. There's no reason we should be this terrible with this staff, especially when D and ST are actually doing decent even with all the injuries they've had to deal with all season.

Time to blow it up and start again, top to bottom, Fitt on down.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Many of us expect a #1 pick to be the reason an offense excels, not need a lot of help. But it doesn't matter anymore where he was drafted... What matters is he needs help on O and he's getting very little.

It's a wrongheaded idea to begin with. Even Newton, for all his strengths, couldn't win with a bad team around him.

Still, people have gotten the idea that a "do it all" quarterback is what you need, but that's not what wins in the NFL.

Teddy B probably has a similar looking chart somewhere.... 

It's because they  play scared to death to push the ball at all 

Hell we seen Bryce scrambling in the Chicago game to get first downs because he is scared to make a throw.... Very similar to the poo teddy did when he was here.... 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's a wrongheaded idea to begin with. Even Newton, for all his strengths, couldn't win with a bad team around him.

Still, people have gotten the idea that a "do it all" quarterback is what you need, but that's not what wins in the NFL.

Cam frequently lost because our defense let him down in his first couple seasons.

It is very hard to argue that is what is happening so far for Bryce.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Cam frequently lost because our defense let him down in his first couple seasons.

It is very hard to argue that is what is happening so far for Bryce.

At least for his first couple of seasons, Newton had a habit of coming out on fire in the first half and then disappearing in the second.

But no it's not the defense losing games, though Ellis did rightly point out that our defense is kind of weak in the takeaway department.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

At least for his first couple of seasons, Newton had a habit of coming out on fire in the first half and then disappearing in the second.

But no it's not the defense losing games, though Ellis did rightly point out that our defense is kind of weak in the takeaway department.

That isn't entirely true. Cam frequently drove us down the field and got us points and the D then gave up the lead.

I said offense excelling too, not winning games - very hard to argue Cam was not the biggest reason for offensive succes in 2011.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

That isn't entirely true. Cam frequently drove us down the field and got us points and the D then gave up the lead.

I said offense excelling too, not winning games - very hard to argue Cam was not the biggest reason for offensive succes in 2011.

I think that started happening a little later, but at least in the first season and maybe first season and a half I just didn't see a whole lot of late game effectiveness.

But hell, even in the super season of 2015 the MO was to build a big lead in the first half and pray like crazy we could protect it in the second.

I don't think that was on Newton though. That was due to Rivera being terrible at adjustments.

The closest QB on the graph to Bryce is Justin Herbert. He has 2349 passing yards and 17 TDs. He’s nearly doubled Bryce’s passing stats with less turnovers.

This chart is incredibly misleading and doesn’t paint the picture some of you are wanting it to.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2