• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your Future Sunday Plans Here

Ricky Spanish

Honestly, the casual fan life is the way to go the older I get.

Early morning 3+ mi walk with the dog and wife, drop into one of our bakeries for pastries and tea. 

Meal prep for the week. I run to get fixings for the games and the other ingredients we’ll need to for upcoming dinners.

Come noon, I’ve got the quad box with 4 games. Redzone on the main screen with the audio. Helping with Sunday chores around halftime of both stretches. 

Have ~2 teams I’m pulling for. Panthers are in one of those quad boxes, and every week I’m peering towards it less and less.

3 hours ago, Vinício Grossi said:

a lot of fair weather fans here. Cheering when you are winning is easy, but cheering in difficult times is only for those who truly understand what it means to be a fan.

Everyone has the right to do what they want with their lives, but don't mix supporters with real fans.

Nothing Fair weather about it. 

They're still my favorite team. I want them to win. There's just no point in watching if we know what the outcome is going to be before the game even starts. The team as we once knew it has been completely dismantled, the best players we have ever had are no longer on the team, they have either retired, been released, or been traded away. It's looking like we will have the worst record in the NFL and we won't even get the #1 overall pick to show for it next season. That's embarrassing. The season is lost for the 6th straight year.

I'd rather spend my Sundays doing something that brings me actual joy.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Nothing Fair weather about it. 

They're still my favorite team. I want them to win. There's just no point in watching if we know what the outcome is going to be before the game even starts. The team as we once knew it has been completely dismantled, the best players we have ever had are no longer on the team, they have either retired, been released, or been traded away. It's looking like we will have the worst record in the NFL and we won't even get the #1 overall pick to show for it next season. That's embarrassing. The season is lost for the 6th straight year.

I'd rather spend my Sundays doing something that brings me actual joy.

Like watching a few episodes of Bluey.

I am currently 25 episodes into season 2 of Bluey. 
Honestly it feels like a daily seven minutes of therapy. 
Which is saying something about the show if a 38 year old adult finds a children’s show comforting. 

That said never understood people who say you have to blindly follow the team and watch every game or you are a bad fan because at the end of the day it is meant for entertainment and if it isn’t entertaining anymore what is the point. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Like watching a few episodes of Bluey.

I am currently 25 episodes into season 2 of Bluey. 
Honestly it feels like a daily seven minutes of therapy. 
Which is saying something about the show if a 38 year old adult finds a children’s show comforting. 

That said never understood people who say you have to blindly follow the team and watch every game or you are a bad fan because at the end of the day it is meant for entertainment and if it isn’t entertaining anymore what is the point. 

Bruh, I went out on the high seas to watch the final part of season 3 that isn't on D+ yet. The very last episode, 'Cricket' is arguably the best episode of the entire series so far. 

They're all bangers in their own right. I like the damn show more than either of my kids, who seem to only like it because I love it. 

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Bruh, I went out on the high seas to watch the final part of season 3 that isn't on D+ yet. The very last episode, 'Cricket' is arguably the best episode of the entire series so far. 

They're all bangers in their own right. I like the damn show more than either of my kids, who seem to only like it because I love it. 

Mums and Dads, Sleepytime, Sticky Gecco,  Trains, Show. Too many to count that are so good. 
I think I just watched my least favorite episode called “Movie”. Because Bingo was being a little terror and making a scene at the movies and would not calm down or obey Bandit and it ended with but strangely it ended with everyone in the theater applauding Bingo and Bluey because they “found themselves”. When in reality Bandit would have left the theater from embarrassment and Bingo would have been in trouble. I know from personal experience as a child. 
I appreciated the show for how it can realistically show the adults and the family dynamic. But this is the first episode where it feel like it is trying to justify bad behavior which I don’t agree with. 

• Pie 1

Still watching NFL football.. definitely like YouTube TV split game format.. able to watch a lot of games at once.. so Panthers will be on the split screen..this year feels like Clausen/Pike!! Even though Reich wasn’t fired today.. there’s still a chance.. when we lose to Titans next week.. heads could roll pending the score 

Not watching football. I had been watching the Panthers and the other games every week depsite us being terrible. What did it for me was the news today that Cam hasn't even had a call about playing in 2 years. If the owners/GMs don't care about bringing in the best players for their team why on Earth should I care who wins the games?

On 11/20/2023 at 3:43 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

I thought I was the only sap watching this. I have my grandson 5 days a week. He is 9 months old, I'm a Bluey fan. The only reason why I still have Disney +