• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who Picked Bryce?

tukafan21

You know it's just funny...there are a few "sure things", but in general, the entire scouting profession is a total sham/fraud. It's a bunch of pseudo-intellectuals that have convinced everybody that they know things that you don't. It's just like the stock market.

It's always more than just 1 guy in football. Carolina would still be bad if we didn't have Bryce, but he is a HUGE part of why we are so putrid. I don't know how anyone could watch the OSU/UGA game last year and walk away from it thinking Stroud was anything other than the surefire #1 QB in the draft. I haven't even been watching the past few weeks...i guess I'm just getting older or more bitter, but the amount of nepotism and good ol' boyism in the NFL kind of makes me sick. Too many incompetent people are allowed to keep multi-million dollar jobs, and we are supposed to sympathize/feel bad for them.

• Pie 4

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/01/nfl-draft-panthers-bryce-young-decision-process

You can believe what the actual people say and actually report or view all rumors and twitter posts as being equally valid.

The only rumors I heard about Frank preferring Shroud was because of the fact that all his previous QB's were over 6'3".  That is it.

2 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/05/01/nfl-draft-panthers-bryce-young-decision-process

You can believe what the actual people say and actually report or view all rumors and twitter posts as being equally valid.

The only rumors I heard about Frank preferring Shroud was because of the fact that all his previous QB's were over 6'3".  That is it.

cope nicole cope

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I keep thinking of that clip of tepper meeting Bryce at the door of the locker room after the Houston win. 

he looked like he felt so goddamn vindicated. 

so obviously his pick. 

I keep thinking of the Huddle after that Houston win. A lot of posters who had been complaining about the board being hostile and negative and wanting the mods to crackdown to make the place more civil all of a sudden got real loud and proud talking a whole lot of poo... just like I said they would if they ever got the chance. They looked like they felt so goddamn vindicated.

• Flames 4

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I keep thinking of the Huddle after that Houston win. A lot of posters who had been complaining about the board being hostile and negative and wanting the mods to crackdown to make the place more civil all of a sudden got real loud and proud talking a whole lot of poo... just like I said they would if they ever got the chance. They looked like they felt so goddamn vindicated.

Then Stroud threw 5 touchdowns the next week and Bryce couldn't move the ball vs one of the shittiest defenses in the league

then they brought back the "how dare you sir!" finger wagging nonsense

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I never understood guys that seem to pile on with a sense of happiness when the team or certain players aren't performing well. Maybe to avoid disappointment, they just hope for the worse. 

Is that COPING?

It’s definitely strange. I’ve gotten kind of use to it, but yeah it’s strange…

I absolutely think it was the teppers.  Moreover, I had a realization, I think in the interview process, he asked both Reich and Wilks if they'd be ok with them moving up to take Bryce.  Wilks said no because he needed input on who they would sign (makes sense after his Josh rosen clusterfug) where as Reich just said yes.  This is just all conjecture, but I absolutely would not be surprised if this were true. 

54 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I never understood guys that seem to pile on with a sense of happiness when the team or certain players aren't performing well. Maybe to avoid disappointment, they just hope for the worse. 

Is that COPING?

I'm talking about the posters who were complaining about poo posters who quickly became the new poo posters.