• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

In 2010, we went 2-14 and were awful.  The current level of awful.  We drafted a QB at #1.

We went 6-10 in 2011.  We were still a work in progress.  But it was obvious we had THE GUY.

Don't tell me we can't expect the same thing from Bryce Young.  Yes we can.  They were each picked at the top of the draft.  I want BY to show me he's THE GUY.  I don't care if we win.  I don't care if there are mistakes.  I just want to see WOW!

The only WOW I’ve seen is how is this guy not injured yet. He gets ragdolled 4-6 times a game. If nothing else, he’s tough. 

• Pie 2

Unfortunately Bryce’s predicament was easily predictable. 
The number of short QBs that have had success in the NFL is very, um, short. 
I have repeated a lot. If Bryce was somehow good he would be an exception. 
As of right now he is the rule. 
I can’t believe we drafted a QB 5’ 10” QB number 1 overall. So stupid. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I mean he did ask to be picked #1 overall.

He hoodwinked our morons by refusing to work out at the Combine, but showing up with 10lbs+ of water weight for the scales. He was gaming the system and found a sucker.

I'd say his agent probably hired a PR firm to really pump the S2 results too. Stroud was the top prospect until all the processing hype was all anyone would talk about. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah if that’s the plan then they absolutely cannot move forward with Bryce

However, there’s no way any of that happens. Tepper is hellbent on recreating the Alabama offense 

Next year is going to be even worse than this year

This will be very interesting. If you hire a new GM and HC, and if you want the best, you can’t mandate them to keep a certain player, if you do you’ve already suboptimized the process. 

Also, in Teppers world you succeed by early on identifying poor assets and moving on from them. Not saying it will happen, but that is the mindset.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Damnit Bruce! I kid, I kid. 

A lot of comes down to your team’s offense my friend. Some of it comes down to Bryce. Unfortunately you all will not know which one is truly at fault, if not both for at least another year.

You really just opened a can of worms. Found him. This is who we drafted at 1.

B1aYgEgCMAEJNyo.jpg

1 hour ago, Wanderlai said:

Bryce is no doubt the worst of the 4 QBs and we moved to #1 to take him. Forget CJ who is killing it every Sunday, AR in his short debut showed Cam flashes and Levitz has been slinging it to. Bryce looks like a Disney movie where a kid gets to be an NFL QB only it’s a fuging nightmare. 

I have always hated the idea of trading away valuable draft capital to move up to draft a QB when the team is bad. Several us said that we needed to either:

a) stand pat and take a QB if he falls to us (which would have happened with Will Levis.

b) use the 2023 draft to solidify the roster by filling in the weak spots and then attempt to move up if needed to nab our guy in 2024.

Half the folks on this board felt the opposite and said we had to get someone this year. I can only imagine the discord on this board if we had chosen Levis. Now, we lost our #2 pick in 2023, our #1 pick in 2024, another #2 in 2025 and our best receiver (DJ Moore). To make matters our drafts have been terrible the past two years. We have one of the worst offensive rosters in the league and this is arguably the worst offense the team has ever fielded. 

This team is doomed if it moves forward with Scott F at GM. Bryce certainly looks like a bust. But, I'd still like to see what he would do if we had a solid O-line to keep him upright, a coach that would actually help on his mechanics, and a scheme that is better suited to take advantage of his (limited) abilities. 

PS---BY got to learn how to play more snaps under center.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Damnit Bruce! I kid, I kid. 

A lot of comes down to your team’s offense my friend. Some of it comes down to Bryce. Unfortunately you all will not know which one is truly at fault, if not both for at least another year.

People need to realize that Bryce just isnt it. We can talk about the offense all we want, but plays are still left on the table every single week. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's missing open guys even when he has time!  What is so hard to understand about this?  If Bryce was getting pummeled every pass attempt, I could accept this narrative, but *shock* the OL occasionally does their job in pass pro and he STILL can't hit a WR more than 10 yards away consistently.

I may call into Ellis' show this week.  He's being a complete homer about this and should be called out on it.

• Pie 3