• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT on Reich's status, Tepper's ownership

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly approaching a point of near total apathy.

I have ideas about what I think should happen and shouldn't happen, but I'm not terribly passionate about them anymore because I'm not sure it matters.

Exactly how I feel. I’ve never been more disconnected with this team in my life. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Exactly how I feel. I’ve never been more disconnected with this team in my life. 

It comes in a year where I thought we might actually start turning a corner.

I wasn't one of the people expecting playoffs or anything, but I was at least expecting better than what we're getting.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I’m assuming that anyone worth over 18b and it wasn’t given to them has got to be pretty smart. So does Tepper know that he’s the problem and won’t let his gigantic ego take a hit by stepping back and allowing football guys to take over or does he not see what is obvious to all of us? 

Im going with Dave is aware of where the problem lies but isn’t willing at this point to do the right thing.

I think he'll figure it out, but it will cost us 7-10 years of ineptitude before that happens 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It comes in a year where I thought we might actually start turning a corner.

I wasn't one of the people expecting playoffs or anything, but I was at least expecting better than what we're getting.

You’re right and I felt the same. Like all our staff said, just plug Bryce in and go. Every analyst said Bruce was in the best situation of all rookie qbs. The defense stayed mostly the same and they played well last year. Just disappointment.

It’s not just Frank that didn’t want Bryce. I don’t think anyone on the entire team wanted him over Stroud, either…

the players all know who picked Bryce. It was the same dude who sent their coach packing.

I made a post yesterday in another thread yesterday that Frank has the FML look on his face. He was promised he could make his own team, but was lied to. It has to destroy him inside to have to toe the line that it was a consensus pick, when all he can see is what it could of been. 

Again, if I haven’t said it enough, a FOOTBALL guy who has taken a certified NFL ass kicking would never pick Bryce #1. He doesn’t even look like he works.

• Beer 1

He sucks at calling plays and players are not responding to him.

Wilks had his guys giving maximum effort!

Look at the Raiders with Pierce. The playing competitive ball again. You gotta fire him maybe it lights a spark for the team. This will be ugly if we hand the Bears the #1 pick in the draft.

• Pie 1

Just now, Johnstonny said:

Not sure how you can say that with a straight face...

Because we're running a scheme that doesn't fit our line personnel.

They were good last year, very good, because we primarily used a run heavy scheme and man blocking.

Between the scheme mismatch and injuries, Campen is not one of the primary guys to blame.

I've said it for well over a month, we can't fire Reich because we won't be able to have any worthwhile HC willing to bet his career on Bryce and this roster.

We need to keep Reich for next year, we can fire him a month into the season for all I care, but we aren't getting a good HC this offseason and we don't want to be the team that fires their HC in 3 straight offseasons while also having a sorely depleted roster.

And frankly, our best bet at being able to turn this franchise around in the next 5 years is to be HORRIBLE next year and get the #1 pick in the draft without trading away assets so we can replace Bryce ASAP

People can hate Reich all they want, but the FACT remains that firing him now or after this season will only set our franchise further back in the long term, as odd as it sounds, it's the truth.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I've said it for well over a month, we can't fire Reich because we won't be able to have any worthwhile HC willing to bet his career on Bryce and this roster.

We need to keep Reich for next year, we can fire him a month into the season for all I care, but we aren't getting a good HC this offseason and we don't want to be the team that fires their HC in 3 straight offseasons while also having a sorely depleted roster.

we fire reich and fitt and we limit the candidates that want to come here to stake their careers to a 5'10 weak ass armed qb.