• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

1 hour ago, IndyPanther said:

If you think Cam has ever once in his entire life played as badly as Young has this year, I don't even believe you have the use of sight.

Love me some Cam, hate the way this franchise dumped him unceremoniously in 2020, but uh, you did see some of the stats he put up in his second stint here, right? Specifically the ugly game in Miami when he went 5/21 for 92 yards and 2 picks? 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Love me some Cam, hate the way this franchise dumped him unceremoniously in 2020, but uh, you did see some of the stats he put up in his second stint here, right? Specifically the ugly game in Miami when he went 5/21 for 92 yards and 2 picks? 

Are you seriously comparing the clearly past his best days as a passer version of Cam to Bryce?

Bryce Young at 22 and Cam Newton at 22 don't even belong in the same convo.

Just now, frankw said:

Are you seriously comparing the clearly past his best days as a passer version of Cam to Bryce?

Bryce Young at 22 and Cam Newton at 22 don't even belong in the same convo.

I think Cam is far and away a better QB in his prime, as well as a QB prospect coming out, than Young. I wish he had never gotten hurt and was still the franchise QB here. I was just responding to the "has [he] ever once in his life played as badly" as Young part. The clear answer to that is yes, he has.

5 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think Cam is far and away a better QB in his prime, as well as a QB prospect coming out, than Young. I wish he had never gotten hurt and was still the franchise QB here. I was just responding to the "has [he] ever once in his life played as badly" as Young part. The clear answer to that is yes, he has.

It was bad no doubt. I had a fun time arguing with people who thought Cam still had something left in the tank.

In fairness based on how we've seen Bryce Young perform so far I don't think he would fair any better than Cam under the same circumstances once it's clear he's past his best youthful days.

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

He played 2 games start to finish and that wasn't one of them. In the 2 he actually got a chance to play to the end (vs Washington and Buffalo), he played miles better than Young has in any game this season.

3 minutes ago, IndyPanther said:

He played 2 games start to finish and that wasn't one of them. In the 2 he actually got a chance to play to the end (vs Washington and Buffalo), he played miles better than Young has in any game this season.

He ran the ball very well the Buffalo game (15 car, 71 yards and a TD), but his passing stat line might as well have been ripped out of this season (47.4% completion rate, 156 yards, 4.1 YPA, 1 TD, 1 INT, 17.7 QBR).

Washington was his best game in that second stint and agreed, that game was way better than anything Young has put on tape so far. 

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Love me some Cam, hate the way this franchise dumped him unceremoniously in 2020, but uh, you did see some of the stats he put up in his second stint here, right? Specifically the ugly game in Miami when he went 5/21 for 92 yards and 2 picks

Sounds like every game Bryce has had for us, except substitute 2 picks with 2 fumbles and 1 pick.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1