• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich Fired as Panthers HC - Official

NJPanthers12

2 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Someone who believes they are a better coach the Frank Reich? 

Did anyone balk at the Denver job? No, in fact they got a hall of fame coach/ professional douche bag to turn them around. This is a real dumb point, bad owners have gotten good coaches throughout the history of the NFL. 

Super Bowl winning QB at the helm.  While Wilson regressed under the previous staff,  Sean knew he could get Russell back to his former self.  Denver also had a new ownership group and too soon to know if they are 'good' or 'bad'

Your point isn't, well, on point either.

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

This is going to be a common talking point by people who didn’t watch and follow those 11 games. As body who seen the regression in person from last year to this year it is warranted. 

Rhule’s 2020, 2021, and 2022 squad would have beaten this team. Steve Wilks’ 2022 squad would have obliterated it. It’s clear regression.

It absolutely needed to happen.

STs is doing well.

Defense is down over half their starters and playing decently all things considered.

The HC with an offensive background and the #1 QB picked is producing an absolute dogcrap of an offense.

I don't necessarily have faith we'll fix anything, but moving on from Reich was not the wrong move.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, PanthersGTI said:

Did anyone balk at the Denver job? No, in fact they got a hall of fame coach/ professional douche bag to turn them around. 

Yeah, actually. Our current DC turned down the interim job.

Also, the Broncos are a team with a lot better history and more respected ownership than we are.

David Tepper is considered a bad owner to work for per sources all around the league.

Don’t get me wrong Reich is terrible and should have never been hired as HC since he’s basically the offensive version of a Ron Rivera but getting after being forced to pick Young by the Teppers and having to play with their terrible roster assembled by the proven genius staff of Fitt and Rhule just to get fired like that after 11 games is lmao

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, actually. Our current DC turned down the interim job.

Also, the Broncos are a team with a lot better history and more respected ownership than we are.

David Tepper is considered a bad owner to work for per sources all around the league.

I haven’t had it confirmed yet but I think he turned down the interim role this time as well. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

I'm getting bad vibes from this. It's not a good look firing Frank this early without just letting him finish the season. It looks like we have an impatient owner and a General Manager that's trying to save their job by throwing everyone under the bus.

This team is doomed this year, and I don't know if we can evaluate any potential in-house coaching hires with what's left of this year's games and roster.

It's starting to feel like we've cemented ourselves as the bottom dweller, the worst team and front office in the league. Are the Panthers really the new Browns?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I haven’t had it confirmed yet but I think he turned down the interim role this time as well. 

Don't blame him because I think this offense is beyond repair this season, and the losses would accumulate on his record anyway even though he has no hand in the offense. Wouldn't mind if he's kept around by the next HC but also you don't want to handcuff the next guy from being able to pick his own staff.

3 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

From what I was told, his demeanor yesterday evening and last night was intense to say the least. I wonder if there is a chance he would have been fired then if Frank hadn’t been in the PC.

Apparently the man had a whole flight and night sleep and awoke just as angry.