• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Is Fitterer Fired?

BIGH2001

21 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Probably at the end of the season. Not much reason to fire a GM right now, because you can’t hire anyone at the moment and will only have a vacant spot. 

The billion dollar question I want answered is who picked Bryce Young over CJ Stroud? If it really was Tepper meddling, ain’t much we can do, but anyone associated with this decision deserves to be fired.

IMG_4847.thumb.jpeg.6c9b304e6eafc374b6382edd089cd4b4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

It happens all the time. Certainly Tepper has made things worse with his meddling, but I promise you it ain't Tepper continually whiffing on mid-late round draft picks, leaving us with little to no depth.

Tepper has no doubt pushed for certain moves (the trade-up, the Watson chase, a few others) but Fitterer is absolutely to blame for his own piss poor draft record and free agent busts.

You'd think someone with legit experience would at least blindly stumble onto some decent draft picks. Honest to god, we would've drafted better if we used Huddle polls to determine our picks.

• Beer 3

I feel pretty confident that Fitterer is fired too.

No benefit to firing GM mid season because there isn't any "changes" that can be made to the roster now.  

Firing a coach at least allows different coaching strategies to influence the team.  

Tepper cannot be that blind.  (I hope).

A new GM/Coach aligned together in their belief of Bryce and bring the best plan to build around him is the strategy.

• Beer 2

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You'd think someone with legit experience would at least blindly stumble onto some decent draft picks. Honest to god, we would've drafted better if we used Huddle polls to determine our picks.

I agree, but Fitterer is by no means the first experienced executive to get a GM job and fail horribly. This is what I meant in that other thread last week when I said I legitimately think there are fans out there who could do a better job than many NFL GMs.

I think sometimes these NFL scouts and executives over-analyze draft prospects, which leads to major mistakes. I also think ego is a major factor, as it is with practically every aspect of every organization.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I agree, but Fitterer is by no means the first experienced executive to get a GM job and fail horribly. This is what I meant in that other thread last week when I said I legitimately think there are fans out there who could do a better job than many NFL GMs.

I think sometimes these NFL scouts and executives over-analyze draft prospects, which leads to major mistakes. I also think ego is a major factor, as it is with practically every aspect of every organization.

I would really really want to know about the dynamic there, especially with regard to how involved David Tepper is.

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not a big fan of Cole Spencer, but Adrian Wilson joined the front office this year and I'd have more confidence in him overseeing drafts.

Previously wished they'd lure Lake Dawson away from the Bills (Morgan would be well acquainted with him) but I don't know if that's going to happen especially since I think he got a promotion in Buffalo.

If things stay as they are, I'd love for the Panthers to try and reach out to Scot McLoughan. He drank his way out of the GM job in Washington, but Seattle's best drafts happened while he was on board.

If we go in another direction, the first guy I'd call is Will McClay in Dallas. They've drafted pretty well under his watch. But any outside hire likely requires that Tepper agree to stay out of the operation.

If Fitterer is okay with Tepper's interference, then he might not be in any danger.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a big fan of Cole Spencer, but Adrian Wilson joined the front office this year and I'd have more confidence in him overseeing drafts.

Previously wished they'd lure Lake Dawson away from the Bills (Morgan would be well acquainted with him) but I don't know if that's going to happen especially since I think he got a promotion in Buffalo.

If things stay as they are, I'd love for the Panthers to try and reach out to Scot McLoughan. He drank his way out of the GM job in Washington, but Seattle's best drafts happened while he was on board.

If we go in another direction, the first guy I'd call is Will McClay in Dallas. They've drafted pretty well under his watch. But any outside hire likely requires that Tepper agree to stay out of the operation.

If Fitterer is okay with Tepper's interference, then he might not be in any danger.

I would be a bit surprised if Morgan is still here after this season, so I'm not sure if his acquaintance helps anyone.

McCloughan would be tempting.  Like you said he has some baggage, but he does have history of being an excellent talent evaluator.

In regard to McClay, Dallas does do a good job in regard to talent acquisition but with Jerry and his son I have my questions who gets the credit.