• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When Is Fitterer Fired?

BIGH2001

Not any time soon. He is looking more and more like a complete Yes man so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

He is also the worst GM this team has ever had. I never thought I would see one worse than Hurney but he makes him look solid. Holy fug that is amazing

• Pie 1

Just now, Shotgun said:

You should make a thread about how Fitts is safe until the end of the season...that will get him canned right away. lol

Well if Mike Garafalo or somebody else says so, I will 😄

Joe Person and Mike Kaye both seem to think he'll go, but Dianna Russini talks about him as if he and Tepper are on the same page.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

How is Fitterer responsible?

1. You clearly don't know the story behind the Young deal. It was pushed for by Tepper, to the point where if Fitterer didn't do exactly as Tepper wished, Fitterer would've been fired.

2. Fitterer, Reich, McCown, etc. all wanted Stroud. Tepper wanted Young after the Alabama Pro Day where he was woo'd by Nick Saban and his crony crew 

3. Tepper hired Reich. Fitterer wanted to retain Wilks which is the only reason Wilks ever made it to the final interviews.

4. Fitterer isn't stupid enough to have traded up for Stroud or for Young. He comes from the Seahawk's where you trade down and make value picks on Day 3 that build the core of a team.

You are clueless as to what's gone on. 

I'd say let Fitterer do the job you hired him to do. Go on a permanent vacation Tepper.

Where exactly did you get confirmation that Fitterer, Reich, and McCown all wanted Stroud?

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

1. You clearly don't know the story behind the Young deal. It was pushed for by Tepper, to the point where if Fitterer didn't do exactly as Tepper wished, Fitterer would've been fired.

2. Fitterer, Reich, McCown, etc. all wanted Stroud. Tepper wanted Young after the Alabama Pro Day where he was woo'd by Nick Saban and his crony crew 

3. Tepper hired Reich. Fitterer wanted to retain Wilks which is the only reason Wilks ever made it to the final interviews.

4. Fitterer isn't stupid enough to have traded up for Stroud or for Young. He comes from the Seahawk's where you trade down and make value picks on Day 3 that build the core of a team.

I'd say let Fitterer do the job you hired him to do. Go on a permanent vacation Tepper.

This is an interesting post. Are you privy to some inside information? I know sometimes you can hear stuff from people/sources in the know that sounds crazy to people who are less informed. If what you're saying is true it explains a lot.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Where exactly did you get confirmation that Fitterer, Reich, and McCown all wanted Stroud?

McCown said as much on his YouTube channel during a breakdown of Stroud. He effectively said as much at Stroud's Pro Day which was captured on camera. Then you compare the body language of everyone at Stroud's Pro Day versus their body language at Young's. The only group who seemed more please at Bryce's were the Tepper's.

Now why would they want Young over Stroud? One is more microphone ready. He's probably better in a business meeting, better in speaking engagements, more polite perhaps with better table manners. And Young got the stamp of approval from Nick Saban, which is a death stamp, as far as I'm concerned for QB's. But, Tepper doesn't know poo about college football so he took it.

The story of how the trade happened is also very telling. 

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

McCown said as much on his YouTube channel during a breakdown of Stroud. He effectively said as much at Stroud's Pro Day which was captured on camera. Then you compare the body language of everyone at Stroud's Pro Day versus their body language at Young's. The only group who seemed more please at Bryce's were the Tepper's.

Now why would they want Young over Stroud? One is more microphone ready. He's probably better in a business meeting, better in speaking engagements, more polite perhaps with better table manners. And Young got the stamp of approval from Nick Saban, which is a death stamp, as far as I'm concerned for QB's. But, Tepper doesn't know poo about college football so he took it.

what did he say?  We know about the "find a court in charlotte" comment, was there something else?

Edited by AU-panther

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

"good luck honey"

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

This is an interesting post. Are you privy to some inside information? I know sometimes you can hear stuff from people/sources in the know that sounds crazy to people who are less informed. If what you're saying is true it explains a lot.

Deductive reasoning. 

1. Is likely factual

2. 95% fact, 5% speculation

3. 50% fact, 50% speculation - We know Tepper made the head coaching decision. He never really wanted Wilks from what I understand so I have to assume Wilks made it that far at the behest of Fitterer

4. 100% Fact - Look at the Seahawk's and tell me when they've done something comparable. This would be totally out of left field for a guy like Fitterer.

We know for a fact that we've had a new starting QB each year since Tepper bought the team accross three head coaches. That's one constant presence which tells me he is the driver of this. Having a franchise QB is good for business. Problem is that buying low and selling high doesn't work in football. Buying blue chip stock doesn't work well either if the CEO of that stock holding is garbage and runs it into the ground (i.e. Disney and Bryce Young comparison). 

Ultimately, football is just a game and Tepper is missing that point. He doesn't love the game of football. He doesn't watch nor pay attention to college football aside from what the ESPN talking heads have to say most likely. He's literally as informed as any one of us, except I watch probably 10 to 15 college football games a weekend and re-watch some more during the week while I'm working so I'd like to believe I could make decent decisions given the opportunity.

Tepper isn't that. This is a pet project for him that he thought would be easy. That much is clear. He's also ruining peoples livelihoods and careers in the process of his ownership.

6 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

He’s at least equally if not more responsible for this disaster and he’s had multiple years of terrible drafting and free agency. The cherry on top was the Young deal. Firing a coach makes no sense if you also don’t axe the incompetent GM along with him. Blow it all up.

tepper has to finish the job....this guy is terrible at best...its nothing new....we all can see it...wtf cant dipper?

38 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yeah like the Matt Corral value pick that he traded up (not down) for? We could start a whole thread on his mistakes. The guy has been awful.

5 hours ago, jamos14 said:

I feel pretty confident that Fitterer is fired too.

No benefit to firing GM mid season because there isn't any "changes" that can be made to the roster now.  

Firing a coach at least allows different coaching strategies to influence the team.  

Tepper cannot be that blind.  (I hope).

A new GM/Coach aligned together in their belief of Bryce and bring the best plan to build around him is the strategy.

Tepper ain't that stupid he cant see Fitt sucks...I agree with Linville ...hes hiding behind Fitts making the calls... it has somewhat of a cuckold vibe.