• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper interfering with playcalling

ncfan

Just now, Harbingers said:

Fitts is a yes man who through his tenure has given away major capital and brought in zero sustainable depth. Of course teppers going to keep him around cause he does what Tepper wants. Not what’s good for football operations. 

I don't think it's just Tepper.

It's not at all unusual to occasionally hear that coaches pushed for certain personnel or draft picks. With our personnel though, it feels like I've heard an inordinate amount of that sort of thing.

Some personnel people don't like having coaches interfere in scouting. It's understood that they set the systems and such, but they're not always good with evaluating players.

14 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

So let me get this straight.

Reich McCown and Staley want Stroud. Fitt and scouts want young.

Reich makes an offense for Stroud and doesn't adjust it for Young. 

Horrific failure ensues.

Did Reich sabotage Young?

I don't think it's deliberate.

System mismatch just seems to be Reich's most common error.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get that. I just feel like it's equivalent to having an accountant try and help you fix your plumbing 😕

Reich's peers in the front office telling their co-worker that they design gameplans that help their QB is what you want.  It's clear that's what's needed.  Reich was stubborn and didn't. He was canned.

There is not a single thing wrong it.    This isn't a front office trying to actually design offense or call individual plays.  It's calling out a glaring problem.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's kind of twofold...

Reich not wanting to incorporate something that might help his quarterback is consistent with his asking offensive line personnel to run a blocking scheme that doesn't fit their skill set.

Both are baffling decisions coming from someone who stated up front that he wanted to build the system around the players, not vice versa. It sounds like in reality the system was king. That's just not a good way to operate.

On the flipside, I'm also not a fan of personnel people interfering in coaching matters, especially if it comes down from the top.

Dianna Russini has consistently conflated Tepper and the front office in her recent reporting, which gives me the impression Scott Fitterer might be safe. If he's serving as a "trickle down" for Tepper's ideas though, that's not good.

That quote just says people in the FO, that doesn't necessarily mean Scott or Tepper, that could be someone like a scout who knows the X's and O's of football calling attention to the lack of RPOs and bringing it to Fitt or a Coach's attention.

Like, we're idiot fans and even we know the play design has sucked and looks like it belongs in the early 2000's  with the lack of pre-snap motion and RPO's that are used leaguewide these days to spread out a defense and help the QB.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

I want to know if he knew the name of the play or just diagrammed something. 

like did he draw Da Bomb Flip on a cocktail napkin from whatever swingers club he was watching the game at?

ahahahahaaaaaa!!!  prob did it whilst sitting in the the vip cuck lounge.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That quote just says people in the FO, that doesn't necessarily mean Scott or Tepper, that could be someone like a scout who knows the X's and O's of football calling attention to the lack of RPOs and bringing it to Fitt or a Coach's attention.

Like, we're idiot fans and even we know the play design has sucked and looks like it belongs in the early 2000's  with the lack of pre-snap motion and RPO's that are used leaguewide these days to spread out a defense and help the QB.

Russini's articles made it pretty clear it was people in authority.

12 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

Kinda seems to me like that is exactly what happened. Why not use power and RPOs? Why is his scheme more important than helping Bryce?

I feel that... I wouldn't call that sabotage though. That implies he did it with malicious intent. I just think he's not that good of an OC and has no flexibility. He fuged it up but he didn't sabotage it. 

• Pie 2