• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper interfering with playcalling

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Russini's articles made it pretty clear it was people in authority.

Who cares who it was?

It was smart.   Reich was failing and the FO tried to throw a life raft.  He declined to take it and drowned.

Fitterer needs to be fired anyway.   But this isn't a problem. 

There is a thing called collaboration between a front office and coaching staff.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Who cares who it was?

It was smart.   Reich was failing and the FO tried to throw a life raft.  He declined to take it and drowned.

Fitterer needs to be fired anyway.   But this isn't a problem. 

There is a thing called collaboration between a front office and coaching staff.

There's also a thing as too much collaboration.

And to be clear, if the vibe from her articles is correct it doesn't sound like Scott Fitterer is likely to be fired because it would mean he's in lockstep with the owner.

Hard to say at this point, but that's what I get from her reporting.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There's also a thing as too much collaboration.

And to be clear, if the vibe from her articles is correct it doesn't sound like Scott Fitterer is likely to be fired because it would mean he's in lockstep with the owner.

Hard to say at this point, but that's what I get from her reporting.

Of course there is.  But what in this scenario indicates that is happening here?

It was clearly a poorly designed scheme that didn't play to our QBs strengths.  I want to know how the hell it got to week 12 before somebody asked WTF was going on. 

It's baffling to take Young and then not incorporate any of his successful play designs as a HC.   

And I hope Russini is wrong and Fitt gets canned real soon (6 weeks and counting)

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

Of course there is.  But what in this scenario indicates that is happening here?

It was clearly a poorly designed scheme that didn't play to our QBs strengths.  I want to know how the hell it got to week 12 before somebody asked WTF was going on. 

It's baffling to take Young and then not incorporate any of his successful play designs as a HC.   

And I hope Russini is wrong and Fitt gets canned real soon (6 weeks and counting)

To be clear, I'm not defending Reich. The system mismatch with our personnel has been one of my pet peeves all season.

I'm just not a big fan of front office interference in coaching, but when the coaching is failing I get that stuff is gonna happen.

As to Russini, One of her big points was that leadership was satisfied with the construction of the roster in all areas except offense, the area that was supposed to be Frank's thing.

If that's correct, that means they might see the problem as strictly coaching.

• Pie 1

Several have said it all season on here.

I signed up here exclusively to put in to words exactly how I know Tepper’s brain works and what his thoughts were and how his behind the scene interactions were. I know people. I didn’t need to wait and see what insiders were going to come out and say. You can see it in their eyes.

Find me anyone there that looks like they’re enjoying any of this. Tepper is THE root. He may be getting closer to the ‘I suck at this’ moment. God help us all until this happens. 

41 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I call BS. He had the first pick, if he wanted CJ he would have taken him first. Excuses excuses.

On the play calling it’s well documented Tepper does that poo, dating back to the Rivera era. 

Made Rivera switch entire defensive scheme. Much worse then 1 play call.

And then fired him when it didn't work. I sense a theme. Tepper has a stupid plan. Makes people implement it. It doesn't work and he fires them

Edited by toldozer

58 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Seriously what coach or player is going to want to come here?

But hey.  We got Beyoncé and a “full stadium (of opposing fans)”

IMG_7222.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hMqZSPiLRE

Tepper may have his faults, but I don't see the bid deal with this story. The NFL is a copy cat league. Everyone steals plays and concepts from one another. At times coaches will take advice from people not on the staff.

As far back as SB 6, Richard Nixon was able to get Don Shula to call a pass play to Paul Warfield against the Cowboys. I've heard of NFL coaches taking pIays from High School and Collegiate coaches and players, family members, or company employees. Heck, Andy Reid once took a play from a janitor while he was in Green Bay...and scored a TD 😀 Take a look at the link above.

The article stated he made a suggestion for a single play. If that's the worst thing he's done I think we'd all feel much better about his ownership of the team. Unfortunately, we've more concerning issues with him.

19 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Oh man if this is true then he definitely needed to be fired. I think Young will be good, but man don’t take a guy and not build the offense around him. 

Maybe I am wrong but I feel like we do run RPOs quite a bit? or am I mistaking play action from shotgun as something different?

41 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I call BS. He had the first pick, if he wanted CJ he would have taken him first. Excuses excuses.

On the play calling it’s well documented Tepper does that poo, dating back to the Rivera era. 

We jumped to 1 because Houston wasn't moving fast enough.  We were afraid we would miss on Young/Stroud if they took too long, so we jumped them to pick one and then preferred Young over Stroud if given the choice.  It doesn't mean it was the right choice, but the story adds up.  Houston eventually didn't think it was worth it to jump to 1 so they just took whichever one we didn't.  Ryan said they had Stroud and Young as 1A and 1B.  

22 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Oh man if this is true then he definitely needed to be fired. I think Young will be good, but man don’t take a guy and not build the offense around him. 

Classic Reich.  As seen by our OL and overall offense not fitting the scheme.  Reich picks his scheme and forces the players into it not matter their skillset.  It's dumb and dated.  

• Pie 1