• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone in the building is all in on Bryce

Panthers Fan 69

At this point it only matters to me who Frank really wanted, he was the head coach who had a history of working with QBs, he was the one that just took the fall for everybody, and he is the one multiple media people are saying didnt want Bryce. If everybody else felt differently than its a good chance he had to be convinced or overruled. 

Either way it goes back to what i said months ago before the draft, if the head coach is hired but getting overruled on decisions especially ones that they have a specialty in, its just a recipe for disaster......And clearly here we are.  

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 2

What do you expect him to say?

Half the people in the building never wanted Bryce and think he's a bust, the other half were okay with taking him but maybe split on Bryce vs Stroud preference?

You can't get upset for him saying things people don't believe, Bryce is a Panther, he's not going to say even a single person in the building isn't behind him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

At this point it only matters to me who Frank really wanted, he was the head coach who had a history of working with QBs, he was the one that just took the fall for everybody, and he is the one multiple media people are saying didnt want Bryce. If everybody else felt differently than its a good chance he had to be convinced or overruled. 

Either way it goes back to what i said months ago before the draft, if the head coach is hired but getting overruled on decisions especially ones that they have a specialty in, its just a recipe for disaster......And clearly here we are.  

I think we all know Reich wanted Stroud while Tepper wanted Bryce.  What I want to know and what matters to me, is how much did he and the other staff members try to fight for Stroud vs how much they just let Tepper make the decision.

If they REALLY fought for Stroud but Tepper literally and 100% forced the decision of Bryce, then yes, Tepper is who I fault.

If they were just like, "Well we prefer Stroud, but we're okay with Bryce too" and that then made the pick Bryce, then I blame Reich and the rest of the staff.

There are VERY few owners in the league who completely stay out of football operations and don't voice their opinions, especially when it comes to taking a QB at #1 overall, even more so after the trade we made.

So people getting upset at Tepper being in the room and voicing his opinion are missing the point, 90% of the other owners in the league would be doing the same thing.  It really comes down to how voiceful Reich and the staff pushed back on it, and that I'm not sure we'll ever know.

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think it did. Here is why. People here think this is rock bottom.  We aren’t there yet. THAT is coming. Tepper is going give us a whole new meaning to rock bottom. 

It's here, early stages. We're just in year 5 of 25+ years of .300 football.  

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

By the end of the season, the only ones in the building are going to be those who are sold on BY, and you can be sure that whoever is hired as the next HC will be completely sold on him as well, because he won't get hired unless he is.

You don't have to like it....you might hate it....but our wagon is hitched to Bryce Young.

Might as well get used to it.

It’s really sad the fans here would rather be right about their preconceived notions than actually believe they have a young QB of the future that just needs an adjustment. You’d think we haven’t seen this script play out before. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s really sad the fans here would rather be right about their preconceived notions than actually believe they have a young QB of the future that just needs an adjustment. You’d think we haven’t seen this script play out before. 

Buddy, he's been literally the worst QB of the past 15 years by yards per dropback. No adjustment on Earth is fixing that. And no excuses are good enough to make that not his fault. If he had a modicum of talent, he's not LAST, no matter what they give or don't give him.

It is plainly obvious to anyone watching that Bryce Young is not a franchise QB. The only question remaining is whether or not he's a serviceable NFL QB at all. It's not about being right to want to avoid another year plus of horrible football just to find out whether or not we have a game manager.

We should play him the rest of the season but if he continues to show nothing, there's no reason to keep playing him. He's not it.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, IndyPanther said:

Buddy, he's been literally the worst QB of the past 15 years by yards per dropback. No adjustment on Earth is fixing that. And no excuses are good enough to make that not his fault. If he had a modicum of talent, he's not LAST, no matter what they give or don't give him.

It is plainly obvious to anyone watching that Bryce Young is not a franchise QB. The only question remaining is whether or not he's a serviceable NFL QB at all. It's not about being right to want to avoid another year plus of horrible football just to find out whether or not we have a game manager.

We should play him the rest of the season but if he continues to show nothing, there's no reason to keep playing him. He's not it.

Sounds like you’ll be having some free time on Sundays. 

The Panthers are not going to stand at a podium and tell people the truth.  I have been preaching that for some time.   What they say publicly is never worth more than a grain of salt.   And we still have some posters that triple down on words that come out of BOA. 

• Pie 4