• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Frank our worst head coach?

Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Rank them. 
Fox > Ron > Capors > Wilks > Rhule > Seifort > Frank 

never thought it’s would be this bad. I think it’s gonna get worse. 

Seifert was better than Rhule overall, even though that went down in spectacular flamees, and I'd argue was better than Wilks as well given how solid those 1998 and 1999 offenses were. Seifert's downfall was his personnel control, which is separate than his coaching ability IMO.

Rhule is still the worst IMO. Brass Balls big first swing, kills the culture entirely, destroys the fanbase and fan favorites in the process. Plus, the shitty results and potential he was making personnel and GM calls.

Frank is just an old man and meh at best coach who walked into a bad situation with zero desire to fix it after he saw behind the curtain. 

Frank should've been the figurehead and adult in the room...and then let the "All-Star" staff coach. He was the final nail in the coffin, but Rhule dug the grave.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Seifert was better than Rhule overall, even though that went down in spectacular flamees, and I'd argue was better than Wilks as well given how solid those 1998 and 1999 offenses were. Seifert's downfall was his personnel control, which is separate than his coaching ability IMO.

Seifert had an eye for talent, gotta give him that. 2001 draft was fire and key to the 2003 Super Bowl run 

• Pie 1

I have a hard time calling the unfortunate guy who happened to rudder the worst team we've ever assembled our worst coach. To me, the worst coach is someone who squandered a talented roster or missed a window of opportunity. This team, this year had no chance of being successful, and failing to live up to even the low standards we should have expected is still hardly the most egregious crime. Frank will be out least memorable coach, but on the grading scale, I'm forced to give him an "I" for Incomplete.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1