• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randy Mueller in Athletic on Tepper and Bryce

raleigh-panther

Predictive probability reports...

Tepper plugged a bunch of variables into a formula and it spit out results. Formulas can't account for any variables outside of the inputs. You could easily create a formula that would spit out your preferred QB as QB1. If you like measurables, your formula is going to spit out Richardson. If you like intangibles and college stats while downplaying measurables, it's gonna spit out Bryce. If you like a combo of the two, it's gonna spit out CJ.

• Pie 9

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper plugged a bunch of variables into a formula and it spit out results. Formulas can't account for any variables outside of the inputs. You could easily create a formula that would spit out your preferred QB as QB1. If you like measurables, your formula is going to spit out Richardson. If you like intangibles and college stats while downplaying measurables, it's gonna spit out Bryce. If you like a combo of the two, it's gonna spit out CJ.

I wonder where this method would’ve placed Tom Brady ?

• Pie 4

Tepper is the guy who reads a couple books and watches some YouTube videos on card counting, struts his cocky ass in to Caesar’s, starts hemorrhaging money all while the sharps and whales are laughing uncontrollably. 

God I hope he’s done thinking that he’s smarter than people who have dedicated their life to football and that there is no cheat code in this. 

Where was the statistical analysis of the number of tiny QBs that work out? 

• Pie 5

The more I hear..... makes me want to give up. Thankfully I have gone to other live sporting events and really enjoyed. Davidson -UNCC,last night and Grimsley - Weddington playoff football game last week. It's better than anything else I have seen from Temp.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This seems to be another Tepper shortcoming: too much reliance on analytics when good old fashioned common sense is needed.

hes not measuring the right sht...and if you think hes going to get this next coach right...it ain't gonna happen...

Edited by Johnstonny

42 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Apologies if this has been shared.  I’m only going to pull a paragraph or two from his article 

Mueller (former GM) 

— ++      ———    + 

‘ Tepper’s passion to win is palpable, but the more he talks publicly, the less confidence I have in him as the boss. Look no further than his explanation of why the team drafted Young when he inserted himself (from off the stage) in a post-draft press conference GM Scott Fitterer and Reich.

Tepper’s explanation of Young being a point guard-like distributor and how he would allow the Panthers to not spend as much money on elite targets/receivers was dumbfounding.

He also mentioned that the team had run the “predictive probability reports” that gave them the direction and confidence that Young was the QB suited best to lead them to multiple Super Bowls. Huh?

Reich’s design and play calling on Sundays could not overcome that kind of head-scratching analysis. The deck was stacked against him.

-  ——   ———————++++++++++++

lol

Analytics are just one tool   …wasn't one of those tools a Risk Management tool lol   This explains a lot of what is wrong   Somewhere between no tools and relying on RAS and predictive probability, this franchise’s player evaluation sucks. 

[deploys Galactic Universal translator]  =  “Moneyball”

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This seems to be another Tepper shortcoming: too much reliance on analytics when good old fashioned common sense is needed.

There's just way too many variables involved to come up with a formula to predict draft prospect success. I'd honestly go as far as to call the effort a fool's errand.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I’d love to see what formula he used that determined a historically tiny QB was likely to be a Super Bowl champ

• Pie 4