• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly decides to come back at 32 years old...

CamWhoaaCam

33 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Nah... Luke was just a different breed and knew that he couldn't continue to play the game with the same reckless abandon that he played it with while not putting his brain at significant risk after multiple concussions already.

Luke was never going to play at even 95% of himself, those concussions was going to make him completely change the way he played the game and would be more like 60-70% of what he used to be.

Granted, that would still be a Pro Bowl level LB, but I think he knew he just couldn't play the game that way so he had to retire to save himself.

Rhule totally scared off Luke. Luke could recognize a clown when he saw one 

• Pie 1

I don't think he could come back as the same player. He might be somewhere between Luvu and Morgan if he could avoid injury.

I'm ignorant on sports science but I figure with the time away from the game, and age/deterioration given his accrued time in the league already; he would have decline instinctually and physically. Plus putting that much weight and muscle back on while trying to be as fast and strong as before would be a big ask. 

9 hours ago, CanMan11 said:

Kuechly was overrated .. MLB's can only impact a game so much. Short / Star made him better. Don't get me wrong he was great just overrated.

Luke was literally calling out 60% to 70% of the other teams plays. It's easier to play defense when you know exactly what the offense is going to do. Luke's ability to study film and be able to recognize and relay that information to his teammates pre snap not only made him generational but improved our whole unit as well. 

8 hours ago, RJK said:

I hope one day I live in a world where panther fans stop bringing up cam and luke coming back 

I have a dream that one day people like RJK will embrace people like Cam and Luke. We can hold hands and reminisce about the good times we had with these players.

I had a dream!

1 minute ago, CmC2k said:

Luke saw that the top 3 options for the job where Rhule, McDaniels, and Bieniemy and rightful chose not to be a part of the dumpster fire that was about to come. That decision was the smartest he's ever made regarding his football career. 

Luke saw CTE and decided it's not worth his long-term health. It has nothing to do with coaching.

10 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Luke got out just in time, I bet he was the first person in the Panthers-verse to smell that Tepper was a rat

To be fair, Luke works for Tepper now on the Panthers radio network.

Tepper seems to really be treating the former players well.  Just needs to solve his meddling and coaching hires.

10 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Luke got out just in time, I bet he was the first person in the Panthers-verse to smell that Tepper was a rat

His speciality was always being able to figure out what was coming his way….

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, CanMan11 said:

Kuechly was overrated .. MLB's can only impact a game so much. Short / Star made him better. Don't get me wrong he was great just overrated.

Every player in NFL history is overrated then but kickers and punters

• Pie 1