• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official "I heard there was a game today" thread (game day thread...whoopie)

rayzor

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

Sadly this is where I am. Was such a special player at Alabama. He’s not a guy that can carry an offense. He can be highly productive in a GOOD offense/scheme, but he’s not elevating a bad one. So yea like others have said, you didn’t have to give away your future for him. 

Right. I still think he can play in this league. And perhaps do well if he finds himself in a very fortunate situation. But being the guy we thought he could be, I'm out on that. I hate it too cause I really like the kid. I'll still be rooting that when the pieces are around him something is unlocked, but I'm no longer putting all my eggs in that basket. 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Sadly this is where I am. Was such a special player at Alabama. He’s not a guy that can carry an offense. He can be highly productive in a GOOD offense/scheme, but he’s not elevating a bad one. So yea like others have said, you didn’t have to give away your future for him. 

He is certainly missing some transistors and diodes in that processor  at this point. Clearly failed the “most nfl ready, safest bet” mantra, so he is indeed at bust based on that, but he may be the guy it takes 2,3,4 years before it starts to click.

Just now, emhoward said:

Right. I still think he can play in this league. And perhaps do well if he finds himself in a very fortunate situation. But being the guy we thought he could be, I'm out on that. I hate it too cause I really like the kid. I'll still be rooting that when the pieces are around him something is unlocked, but I'm no longer putting all my eggs in that basket. 

Sadly all of the Panther’s eggs are in that basket 

• Pie 3

I was reasonably impressed by Bryce's composure. Bad decisions, sure, some bad throws. But actual flashes, which is what I wanted to see all year.

Just throw this team into under-center looks for the last chunk of the season and focus on what worked today instead of the pistol nonsense that hasn't worked all year.

Edited by TN05
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Uh the Commanders have good WRs. This a bad take 

They have better than us lol, but no ... their corps is very average. Now you can blame their production on Ron or Howell ... but that's the base of all these arguments on this board. Mingo would probably be killing it in Houston. The Commanders corps would be beyond lousy here.

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I was reasonably impressed by Bryce's composure. Bad decisions, sure, some bad throws. But actual flashes, which is what I wanted to see all year.

Just throw this team into under-center looks for the last chunk of the season and focus on what worked today instead of the pistol nonsense that hasn't worked all year.

This is also the opponent Stroud torched for 550, so any flashes are tempered. He had some pitiful downfield throws that aren’t even nfl-backup caliber

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They have better than us lol, but no ... their corps is very average. Now you can blame their production on Ron or Howell ... but that's the base of all these arguments on this board. Mingo would probably be killing it in Houston. The Commanders corps would be beyond lousy here.

Mingo wouldn’t see the field in Houston. He had a good game today, but he still doesn’t have a good feel for where he is on the field. 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, TN05 said:

If this was the 1st or 2nd game I’d agree with you. And maybe this is the 1st game minus Frank and that’s how it should be viewed. Idk man this game was his to grab a hold of and I just don’t see the same clutch and confident guy I watched at Alabama. 

32 minutes ago, parker said:

You got to theow money at him anyway.

No you don't, it will just be wasting our time when we could spend it on someone more realistic.

Evans is either staying in TB or going somewhere to try and chase another ring, he's not just going to sign with the highest bidder.

15 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

If this was the 1st or 2nd game I’d agree with you. And maybe this is the 1st game minus Frank and that’s how it should be viewed. Idk man this game was his to grab a hold of and I just don’t see the same clutch and confident guy I watched at Alabama. 

I dont know if its fair to expect the same guy we saw at Alabama.  Not yet anyway.  Its so much easier to be the QB at Alabama.