• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m about 78% sure Kellen Moore will be the next head coach

hepcat

You can go ahead and rule out the big names.

Jim Harbaugh is not leaving his cushy Michigan job for a dumpster fire like the Panthers. I don’t care how much money Tepper throws at him. The Bears job with the top overall pick, or the Chargers job, or wildcard maybe the Patriots job, will be top options for him if he wants to return to the NFL. 

Ben Johnson is already being told by current and/or former staff members (probably Duce Staley) to stay away. Probably good advice.

No way on gods green earth Belichick coaches the Panthers. But hey it’s so unnatural and everything Tepper has done has felt so wrong and anti-Panthers that I’m leaving it open to chance. 

The name I keep coming back to is Kellen Moore. He was a final candidate last season and probably won’t be a hot commodity on the head coaching market this year. I will say that I highly doubt the Panthers are 1-11 if they’d hired Moore. But will he be a good coach? No idea. But I think he might be the guy we’re stuck with after striking out with the big name candidates.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You can go ahead and rule out the big names.

Jim Harbaugh is not leaving his cushy Michigan job for a dumpster fire like the Panthers. I don’t care how much money Tepper throws at him. The Bears job with the top overall pick, or the Chargers job, or wildcard maybe the Patriots job, will be top options for him if he wants to return to the NFL. 

Ben Johnson is already being told by current and/or former staff members (probably Duce Staley) to stay away. Probably good advice.

No way on gods green earth Belichick coaches the Panthers. But hey it’s so unnatural and everything Tepper has done has felt so wrong and anti-Panthers that I’m leaving it open to chance. 

The name I keep coming back to is Kellen Moore. He was a final candidate last season and probably won’t be a hot commodity on the head coaching market this year. I will say that I highly doubt the Panthers are 1-11 if they’d hired Moore. But will he be a good coach? No idea. But I think he might be the guy we’re stuck with after striking out with the big name candidates.

Man the $ Tepper can offer a dude like Ben will talk. Also it’ll be a challenge. Football guys can stand up to Tepper especially if the team is doing well. 

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

He didnt want any HC job last year just not carolina 

Yeah and I think he will specifically not want this one. Who would?

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I bet he interviews with us first before he does any others as a warm-up for the more enticing opportunities

I am guessing he just waits on an offer at a decent place. He may not even take a job this cycle. Depends on what is available.

Just now, SazmoRanger said:

The Chargers only scoring 6 points yesterday against the Patriots seems like the perfect foreshadowing for Moore to Carolina. I can see it. 

Is he a good coach- NOPE

Is he a people pleaser- YES

would 31 other franchises consider him a serious NFL coach candidate- NO

Welcome to the Carolina Panthers Mr. Moore

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

Well

The Cowboys are better after Moore left.  
The team Moore went to is much worse

im sure there are extenuating circumstances but facts are facts 

then Bellinchek.  Since Brady left, increasingly putrid.  Lost the locker room (so the rumors go) plus he seems to not be doing well drafting in this era 

Both seem like the Tepper’s’ kinda people 

I’ll tell ya, it’s a sad state of affairs when a team can’t do a qb sneak for 1 yard…to not even consider it 

this franchise is fuged 

• Pie 1