• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: “‘Hunger Games’ culture” at BOFA

SuperBowlBound

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

“The Athletic spoke to more than 20 Panthers coaches, players and other league sources”

Woah….that’s a lot of leaks. Lots of unhappy people.

“Coaches said they believed other staff members were text messaging Tepper behind Reich’s back about issues they saw with the team. In one instance, general manager Scott Fitterer and an offensive coach went to Tepper with a coaching suggestion for the quarterback.”

What the actual f@&k. Tepper and Fitt are enabling that? Bunch of clowns. Scott needs to go.

“Tepper told Reich to fix the rookie’s footwork. Fitterer and others had told Tepper that Young’s feet were the cause of some of the Panthers’ protection issues. They believed Young wasn’t dropping back deep enough on his pass sets.”

Ok Tepp, we’ll just fix his footwork this week. Not hard at all. Good plan…

Frank basically said in camp that footwork would not be a major emphasis at first. Prob a mistake, but he knew.

Also, this stuff from Fitt and Tepp makes me think they are getting their info from YouTube ‘QB school vidoes’…lol.

Basically running an NFL franchise like an NFL fan would...

I already thought it was bad, but damn 😳

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

That’s the point…he’s not a mastermind. He’s an idiot and easily fooled by coach speak.

It’s why his hiring is so bad.

100% agree. His hiring is his downfall and unfortunately he likely listened to Hurney about Rhule and then Rhule about Fitterer and then Fitterer about Reich. If Fitterer hadn’t gutted the team with his trades and awful drafting, I’d be a little more optimistic but I’m just hoping we get a hiring correct for once and actually draft talent than a new coach can mold. It will be hard for Tepper to not be patient this time because you can’t expect playoffs any time soon, the talent level is that bad. Crossing my fingers that we make a good call on a new GM and coach.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It was more than just Scott that did the texting too. 

How does an assistant coach feel comfortable texting the owner? I’ve never done something like that in my professional life unless FIRST approached by my superior. My money is Tepper going behind Franks back and asking Campen and Tabor. 

9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Frank came into his interview telling Tepper that we was going to hire a diverse and experienced staff. It’s why they went with him. They said so in the initial press conference. His plan for the staff was why he was hired.

they say lots of things.  They often say them because they want to set the narrative and how things are viewed.   

No one ever says the owner made me in real time for example.  Even when that is the case.  They will address those things in real time by saying spewing a bunch of bologna.   

You "know" what Frank said based on what the Panthers wanted to you to think and know.   

Owners often dictate realities.  It's always spun that they didn't.  Frank had that in Indy too.  In real time, the Colts set a narrative of what they wanted fans to think.   Reality, many things were just demands  the owner sold as TOTALLY Frank's idea

7 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

If Fitterer and a coach are going to Tepper undermining Reich there is not a prospective coaching candidate worth having that would come to Carolina. I defended Fitterer at one time, but he needs to be gone too. Like yesterday. Until Tepperer turns football operations over to someone else this franchise will continue to be terrible. 

Yeah, there's no choice now.

My thing was I wanted to give Fitterer and Reich time to work together to build the team, but Reich is gone now and as it turns out, they weren't even working together anyway.

This is worse than I even imagined (and I've got a pretty good imagination).

Great article.  I'll gladly support the Athletic because of work like this.

What this tells me is that we NEED a great big house cleaning.  There is just so much toxicity going on.  Tepper NEEDS TO HIRE A FOOTBALL PERSON to handle running the team.  Period.  Will his ego allow that?  But that's exactly what the Panthers need - someone to oversee the football operation, to be accountable and hold people accountable to the boss.

Clean out the FO and coaching staff.  Thank you all for your service, especially in this challenging season, but we need a new direction.  

To salvage young - we need the right coach.  You need to hold Bryce the most accountable as the starting QB.  That's the game.  You need to build him up as well.  Look, what Chark said wasn't wrong - Bryce got tricked.  It's not slander against his intelligence, but it's part of the overall problem with the offense.  Game after game - there are ZERO answers for Bryce.  He's having to find them himself instead of being given realistic options.  Who is hot on a blitz?  It doesn't require a full play change, but you need to have a plan for the hot route to beat the blitz.  You don't need three slow receivers running the same route.  You need to create confusion like a good NFL offense does.  

The Panthers need a BIG reset.  This also means a fire sale for a new coach and GM (and president!) to rebuild the team.  The Panthers of the Scott Fitterer time are over.  Time to turn a new leaf and go about a full rebuild.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Manna said:

So…the most important thing I took away from all this is that Bryce sucks. That and there’s a lot of drama queens in the organization/staff tattle telling on one another. There’s no more ‘Keep Pounding,’ just keep whining. 

Yeah, this article doesn't help the perception of Bryce Young at all.

• Flames 2