• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic: “‘Hunger Games’ culture” at BOFA

SuperBowlBound

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Tepper owned part of the Steelers for years before he bought the Panthers, which he has owned for years at this point. Can't keep saying he's "new."

Minority owner that had no say in football operations at all... thats like me owning stock in coke, doesnt mean I know how they make the products.

I think, as others have pointed out as well, that Ben Johnson is the preferred route, but doubt we are his choice. 

At that point, Harbaugh looks like the strongest and wisest move to make at this point. This sh!t show in Charlotte needs to be gutted and rebuilt. Harbaugh is the top candidate to do this successfully.

Seeing what JH did with Alex Smith and Kaep, I think it also helps Bryce get his confidence back if it truly is as shaken as it appears. Our OL is already partially built for Harbaugh's style and we might be able to keep the only good coach on this staff in Evero with his previous ties to JH in SF. 

It makes me so mad. The pieces were in place and the puzzle was almost complete. We had a few missing pieces…. And brought in a completely different puzzle, dumped those pieces in, and hired a bunch of people to then work as a team to try and make it look like something good. 

we were running for over 200 yards a game. Nobody was complaining about line issues. The locker room was united. Fans were back…. And then inexplicably lit the dynamite for a hard reset when it was not far from being great…. For THIS embarrassing abomination. 

Why bro. Why. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yet it happens every single day. Have faith, we won't be in the cellar forever. 

You can look across the league. Bad owners get good coaches, most of them then stay out of the way for the most part ( publically ). Jags, 49ers, Browns, Texans, Bengals to an extent Cowboys ( they've had good ones ). The Cowboys have a meddling owner but get good coaches and let them stay until they can't produce ( except Jimmy Johnson ) and the WFT/Commanders get them from time to time and Snyder would mess it up. So its likely going to happen. When? Who knows, hopefully soon. Even if we get a guy who can only take us so far up, that is all we need right now. Our new John Fox. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper and Haslam haven't exactly done wonders for people in that role who want to be owners

Running a football operation isnt easy... theres some science to it and some luck... and you gotta have both on your side to be successful.  

If it were easy we wouldt have all these butt teams year in and year out.

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Reich, Fitterer and the offensive coaches decided the priority before Young’s first season was preparing him to call plays in the huddle for the first time and giving him time to absorb a playbook that blended Reich’s system with wide zone concepts Brown bought from the Los Angeles Rams. Any tweaks or changes the Panthers wanted to make to Young’s mechanics would wait until the offseason.

Anyone else find that last sentence at least mildly disturbing? Why would they wait until the next offseason to fix what has obviously been a major flaw in his game? I always felt we should have “redshirted” Young the way the Chiefs did Mahomes his first year, and this just proves Reich and offense staff have mismanaged his  development.

Because they knew we would suck for the season. Some of the staff wanted to redshirt him too.