• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

On 12/10/2023 at 4:30 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of y'all badly need to watch some other games. Watch other QBs throw lasers. Watch them drop dimes while being pressured. Watch backup QBs look way better than Bryce across the league.

It's all out there.

Did y'all see Tommy DeVito last night? Undrafted rookie free agent Tommy DeVito? Did you see how much better he looks than Bryce even though the overall offensive talent is poor, the OL is terrible, and their best offensive player had a critical late turnover?

I mean.... it's all right there to see.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just wonder when it hit them. Did they know when they drafted him but knew that he was gonna be Tepper's pick anyway so better get onboard? Was it during rookie mini camp? Training camp? I think they knew by preseason and that's why they played him so little. They put up a good front of being confident but they hid that kid in preseason like a candy wrapper under a kid's bed. They knew they'd be in trouble as soon as the NFL got tape on this guy.

Absolutely by training camp. They hid him in the preseason. 

like I said, rewatch the Atlanta game or just the quick refresher on his throws. Took Atlanta about a quarter to figure him out. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Absolutely by training camp. They hid him in the preseason. 

like I said, rewatch the Atlanta game or just the quick refresher on his throws. Took Atlanta about a quarter to figure him out. 

I mean it must have been 5 minutes into Jets joint practice that the coaching staff was probably like ah poo he's a bust

• Pie 2

On 12/10/2023 at 4:28 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce was missing receivers all over the place downfield. 😂

The ability some of y'all have to continually invent new excuses is just wild to watch. I honestly feel secondhand embarrassment watching it 

I have to agree with this, what I saw was receivers were actually open, 2 or 3 steps in front of their defenders and Bryce was just missing them.  I want to see what some of you are seeing but he missed a lot of NFL open receivers Sunday.

Edited by HPPantherzfan
Panthers cause me to drink too much and forget what day it is
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did y'all see Tommy DeVito last night? Undrafted rookie free agent Tommy DeVito? Did you see how much better he looks than Bryce even though the overall offensive talent is poor, the OL is terrible, and their best offensive player had a critical late turnover?

I mean.... it's all right there to see.

For NYG and TEN, both of their lines have been panned beyond belief this year and are arguably worse than ours.  What both rooks did last night was beyond impressive.  Had heavy pressure rushing in their face in the closing minutes.  

And something to not forget, both of those teams have some of the better coaches who teach aggressive, tough, & inspired football.  Daboll and Vrabel are great IMO.  Down year overall, but they're damn good coaches.

Shows how "bad" teams can still win.  Which we can't figure out even when the opponents are virtually gifting us the game.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

For the trade up we did, it should have been someone ready to come in, kick a** and take names. Instead we have a borderline practice squad player who will never be able to throw to the sideline or middle of the field from under center comfortably. 

"Um, know you, I need to step up you know, Um I have to get better, I didnt execute or do enough, so its um, you know its on me, yeah, you know its um, its um, you know I never you know I am a competitor and um, ultimately close isnt good enough and its um you know"

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

For the trade up we did, it should have been someone ready to come in, kick a** and take names. Instead we have a borderline practice squad player who will never be able to throw to the sideline or middle of the field from under center comfortably. 

That's what we (or at least Tepper) thought we were getting. Bryce was gonna come in and dice the league up like a point guard with his super processing ability. We just overlooked the unfortunate reality that you have to do it with your physical talent on an NFL field, not an XBox controller like he was using on the S2 test.

Tepper gonna have some kid who won a big Madden tournament in for a tryout next year. Hell, he might be our next head coach. 😂

• Pie 1

Please, anybody, tell me what specific physical characteristics and attributes this man possesses that indicate a long and successful NFL career. 

There is nothing there. Tep again wanted to show the NFL how smart he was by going with the *selectively* analytics based approach on the unconventional candidate and he got his pants pulled down, again… and is being laughed at, again. I bet if his lack of physical ability were allowed in to his wizardry calculation, then it would have been obvious. 

I’m still so incredulous as to how this all went down. The pick was so obvious and we gave up so much. Analysis paralysis at its finest. When in doubt, doing nothing or going safe are almost always the best 2 options. 

This was ‘I’ll show em’’ ego trip at it’s finest. 

On 12/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, Navy_football said:

Come on. He CAN make the throws. He just isn't. No excuse on a few of them. Gotta give your receiver a chance to make a play.

I think his confidence is shot. He needs a restart to get out of his head. 

And honestly these receivers are really, really bad.

In all honesty, those receivers aren't giving him much help. Mingo stinks as bad as Bryce right now. Maybe they will both get better but wow, they really stink up the joint at the moment.

And Chark... that was a shart of a pick up by the team, too.

On 12/10/2023 at 4:50 PM, jb2288 said:

Everyone has a different take on this but mine is essentially Bryce has been absolutely rattled and lost it. He needs to sit the rest of the season and spend all offseason working on his footwork while the FO does their job and fixes the damn offensive weapons issue. 

It doesn’t matter how different the talent level is at Alabama, you don’t lose the ability to hit a wide open WR with nobody 10 yards around him all of a sudden. He needs to sit 

How you holding up bud?

FYI if you sit him at any point this season you have waved the white flag and admitted he is basically a bust. Dalton starting and winning would seal it.

For better or worse Bryce will be finishing the season and he will get at least half the season next year to show any inkling of play worthy of a top overall pick.

There's no delaying the inevitable. Buckle in and prepare for more chaos.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

It looks like Quinn Ewers might go back to school for one more year. Tank 2024 and draft Ewers in 2025. Seriously, he’s going to be a very good NFL QB.

I don't think it's going to be a choice to tank, we just will if we keep running Young out there. 

18 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Please, anybody, tell me what specific physical characteristics and attributes this man possesses that indicate a long and successful NFL career. 

There is nothing there. Tep again wanted to show the NFL how smart he was by going with the *selectively* analytics based approach on the unconventional candidate and he got his pants pulled down, again… and is being laughed at, again. I bet if his lack of physical ability were allowed in to his wizardry calculation, then it would have been obvious. 

I’m still so incredulous as to how this all went down. The pick was so obvious and we gave up so much. Analysis paralysis at its finest. When in doubt, doing nothing or going safe are almost always the best 2 options. 

This was ‘I’ll show em’’ ego trip at it’s finest. 

They actually went 'safe'.

Young was the consensus #1 QB in the media. He clearly wasn't if you watched tape and projected him into the NFL - but very few talking heads were brave enough to voice that pre-Draft. 

• Pie 2