• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

18 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Don't worry, I'm sure the Teppers can do that....  =P  Or is that too soon for a bad joke?

Honestly, who knows?  How many HCs can also be effective play caller?  How many play callers have the ability to lead?  So..???  I have no clue!  

Personally: I want the Panthers to get the best HC, not smartest offensive brain.  We need someone to lead the team, and then we can work with the rest.

Ellis and the other charlotte media from what I have heard have been saying get the best head coach and not the best guy to fix Young. There is a difference

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Aren't stats amazing? You know what else this chart shows? How the NYG play around their rookie QB. Look at how many times he throws the ball a game vs Bryce. That's how you play a rookie QB in a struggling offense. You help him by not making him do everything on his own. That guys pass attempts equal what Bryces are by half time most games. He throws the ball 25 times and even less and the Giants are still able to put up points (some games). They got a win in a game they scored only 10 points in lmao.

I think you have a good point. He only needs half the attempts of Bryce to throw twice the amount of TDs. Thank you for pointing it out. And yes, wouldn’t it be nice if we could run for +200 yards to help Bryce out? Oh, wait a minute..,

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’ve never said move on.   I said he probably gets next year but I know how this movie ends.  He is too small too weak for the nfl.   If a coach can design a nfl offense for him to succeed in, I still doubt we can win playoff games in it as it’s going to be a dink and dunk version.  

Bingo. the Saints couldn't do it with Brees, quite arguably the best dink-and-dunker ever. It's not going to happen with Bryce Young. 

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Bingo. the Saints couldn't do it with Brees, quite arguably the best dink-and-dunker ever. It's not going to happen with Bryce Young. 

early in his career with Payton he was a deep ball master, but in the later years when his arm strength left the offense turned into a poo show that was limited.  Sounds familiar

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

early in his career with Payton he was a deep ball master, but in the later years when his arm strength left the offense turned into a poo show that was limited.  Sounds familiar

Now cut that in half and it's closer to Bryce. They may be most similar in his last year at that half of Brees...

10 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Either hope he gets better with a better HC hire next year or go root for another team or not watch football at all. What other option is there other than cheering against your favorite team? Who honestly roots for their team to fail? Seems like a pointless concept does it not?

Hey, man, if you supported Clausen, Darnold, Bridgewater, Rhule, Reich, and think Tepper can pull his head out of his ass ... you're a better fan than me. And for some reason, I think that's what you want to hear on here.

5 hours ago, frankw said:

Nobody wants Bryce Young to fail and the team to have given up what we did for nothing. Acknowledging the full reality of the situation as it stands ≠ rooting for failure.

If you didn't go this hard in defense of Baker Mayfield Sam Darnold PJ Walker Teddy Bridgewater or Kyle Allen then just give it a rest.

I still think Kyle Allen could be really good in the right situation, I also thought the same of Matt Moore .

3 hours ago, Martin said:

I think you have a good point. He only needs half the attempts of Bryce to throw twice the amount of TDs. Thank you for pointing it out. And yes, wouldn’t it be nice if we could run for +200 yards to help Bryce out? Oh, wait a minute..,

How long did it take for our running game to show its face? 11, 12 weeks into the season? You think that's success? Haha okay

14 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

I still think Kyle Allen could be really good in the right situation, I also thought the same of Matt Moore .

Eh maybe. But with either of those two at least they actually showed something to make you go "wow alright this guy could be special". Still waiting to see that from our first overall pick.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Prime Brees could drop a 40 yard dime on an absolutely perfect arch in his sleep. Teams had to respect his arm strength. The only chance teams had against him was pressure. He threw the most perfectly catchable passes in stride to receivers. In the dome, he was just nasty. There’s not a qb playing today that could match his ball placement. In this regard, I truly feel he surpassed Brady and Manning. 

He also looked like he could at least bench his body weight. Any comparison to a first ballot HOF QB like him is just insulting and laughable. 

• Pie 2