• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mailing it in after 27 years

osd22

1 hour ago, Varking said:

This is the literal definition of a bandwagon rider lol .

A quitter perhaps? Spoiled, ie didn't get my way? Just know this, I saw this same thing with Chris Weinke 1-15, met with Steve Smith he labeled me a "true fan", that is equivalent to me saying "he's going to become a star".  Duh..At that time he was still on special teams. I will never give up or turn my back on MY Panthers!

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, Varking said:

I mean we would have to see who he jumps to. Does he pick the Eagles, Chiefs, 49ers? If he picks some meh team like Cleveland or Denver then I wouldn't say it's bandwagon riding. To each their own. I don't see the offense to the term when it fits with what he was saying. 

How about instead, let’s not negatively label someone as a bandwagon fan, who literally isn’t one. They have essentially been a panther fan from the jump, so clearly they aren’t that. 

Someone is literally trying to improve their short life, by pruning negative poo, in favor of something potentially better aligned with their family flourishing. 

Just because we can’t escape this shitshow, it doesn’t mean we have to fully embrace sadism. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

What's wild is that most even mediocre seasons, this team, like others, produced consistent highlights and fun TDs.  Big plays, defensive TDs, etc.  This year has maybe 3-4 total plays you can throw on a reel from 13 games.  The QB has the 2nd lowest YPA in NFL history for a starter behind only Jamarcus Russell.  It's insane how anemic this offense is. 

It's an insult to the sport and every fan to produce a team this bad.  We're easily one of the worst ever NFL squads in the 21st century.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

This has me thinking more about the whole “bandwagon” thing. 

We don’t know these players. We don’t know the coaches. We don’t know the front office. We don’t know the owners.

Yet “quitting” a team, is treated like personally quitting.

Like if you personally have a challenge in front of you that you actually COULD control, and you quit that. You give up: I understand how that could be a negative; how that could be frowned upon.

But quitting a football team who doesn’t know or give a poo about you outside of money you can give them?

I don’t see how those are the same thing, and how those two situations should be treated equal, outside of seeing others irrationally do that, and just adopting that learned attitude.

Best case scenario? You can brag to other fans how you “stuck it out and were loyal” during Bryce’s rookie year…and…no one will give a poo. The flip side? You were miserable for 17 Sundays a year just for that moment you could tell someone you were there during the bad times…which once again…they won’t care about.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

24 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

I’m starting to hear rumors Tepper is spending much more time home in Jersey and may be selling. Don’t give up hope yet.

Wishful thinking? Or actual sources?

He’s still printing money from this franchise being terrible, I don’t see him being so upset and embarrassed about his management that he decides to stop collecting free billions from his investment 

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

How about instead, let’s not negatively label someone as a bandwagon fan, who literally isn’t one. They have essentially been a panther fan from the jump, so clearly they aren’t that. 

Someone is literally trying to improve their short life, by pruning negative poo, in favor of something potentially better aligned with their family flourishing. 

Just because we can’t escape this shitshow, it doesn’t mean we have to fully embrace sadism. 

I am allowed to call out what it is. I said it was a bandwagon rider definition. I didn’t say it in a positive or negative light. If somebody doesn’t want to be a bandwagon fan, then don’t. If you want to be one, that’s cool, too. 

• Poo 1

Tepper with his meddling ruined a respectable franchise. Sure we had ups and downs but there was always young guys to get excited about and we could see where the team was headed. Now…it’s a complete disaster. Tried cast off QBs when they should have just sucked for draft capital. Terrible trades. Gave away a generational RB in CMC. Sold the farm for a bust QB. Now we hand the #1 pick over to the Bears with zero hope in sight. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

I am allowed to call out what it is. I said it was a bandwagon rider definition. I didn’t say it in a positive or negative light. If somebody doesn’t want to be a bandwagon fan, then don’t. If you want to be one, that’s cool, too. 

“All I did was call them an asshole. I didn’t say it in a positive or negative light. If someone doesn’t want to be an asshole, then don’t. If you want to be one, that’s cool, too.”

• Poo 1