• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's a duck.

Saca312

4 hours ago, Saca312 said:

You give him weapons. At this point that's all you can do. Get some elite level talent on offense and hope he becomes serviceable.

Goff shows benefits from a scheme and offense that elevates his play. Purdy is also a very good example of that.

Young can be like that too. That is the only way the Panthers can salvage this team.

That will never change the fact that the value we have given up for Young was not worth it and very idiotic. For the value of DJ Moore, 2024's first overall pick, to only get decent level play from your QB in the right conditions is pathetic. 

The value given up dictates that the return should include a QB who elevates the team around him. Young fails at that at the NFL level. Stroud or Richardson (for his short stint) have shown to elevate their conditions and would have been more worth it than Young's impact.

I think it will actually be better if young is terrible instead of average. Our owner and front office are so inept and stupid that if young is average they will give him the biggest contract in history. Better if it’s an easy decision for them. Of course we all hope he becomes great….lol that ain’t happening.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think it will actually be better if young is terrible instead of average. Our owner and front office are so inept and stupid that if young is average they will give him the biggest contract in history. Better if it’s an easy decision for them. Of course we all hope he becomes great….lol that ain’t happening.

Average is a curse unless you're able to put together a supporting cast like the Dolphins or Niners have. You're better off if the guy busts. You might dupe yourself into sticking with average and paying him like he's a dude like the Giants did with Daniel Jones.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Martin said:

The best thing to do now is the obvious complete clean out of the front office and coaching staff (I would 100% interview Evero if he’s up for it).

Then continue to build the team in FA and draft followed by an OPEN QB competition. Bryce has to earn his spot. If he does, good for him, if he doesn’t, so be it. That’s how you win the team back and set yourself up for the future. The you go new QB in the draft in 2025.

Yep, it’s so toxic to keep starting a player who gives you no chance to win and worse than the backup. Everyone in the building knows it and it’s ruining this franchise. Get young the fug off the field! 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I absolutely agree. This needs to be undeniable. 

even as bad as things are now, there are still people that aren’t convinced. I can explain why they aren’t, broadly, but it’s unethical for me to talk about people specifically. 

the best thing for teppers personal development would be for this Bryce situation to get even more dire, however that is. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Martin said:

The best thing to do now is the obvious complete clean out of the front office and coaching staff (I would 100% interview Evero if he’s up for it).

Then continue to build the team in FA and draft followed by an OPEN QB competition. Bryce has to earn his spot. If he does, good for him, if he doesn’t, so be it. That’s how you win the team back and set yourself up for the future. The you go new QB in the draft in 2025.

I doubt extremely seriously that we draft another QB this year but we should consider it. And we should bring in a solid vet like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor or Gardner Minshew and have a legit QB competition in camp. You can't just hand the job to Bryce again after this disaster of a season, massive investment sunk or not. If you want any locker room buy in you gotta make him earn it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt extremely seriously that we draft another QB this year but we should consider it. And we should bring in a solid vet like Jacoby Brissett or Tyrod Taylor or Gardner Minshew and have a legit QB competition in camp. You can't just hand the job to Bryce again after this disaster of a season, massive investment sunk or not. If you want any locker room buy in you gotta make him earn it.

The Jets brought in Aaron Rogers and told Zack Wilson to try not to get splinters in his arse.  He was the #2 overall pick.  Granted, they did try to give him a second year, but it was obvious very early on that season they were ready to move on.

I say we do this a year earlier.  Let's not waste 2024 to see if Young can look like a NFL starting QB. We still have Dalton for the season.  If, BIG IF, a QB falls to #33 that is worthy of the pick...pull the trigger.  In other words, no reaching.  It will be a waste of a roster spot to keep 3 QBs, but oh well.

A legit QB competition too.  No, Young did NOT beat out Dalton in camp.  Tepper wanted Bryce starting game #1 ready or not.  Obviously he was not.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Bryce has never been accurate on deep throws. During his best statistical year at Alabama, Bryce completed only 36.1% of passes 20 yards or longer. That is freaking atrocious. For comparison, Tua's completion rate at Alabama on passes 20 yards or longer was 57.1%, and Mac Jones' was 58%. 

Young's deep ball accuracy is not gonna suddenly and miraculously improve in the NFL, which begs the question: how in the world did our evaluators and scouts miss this giant red flag? I thought Tepper prides himself on using analytics, so how did they miss this?

20-yard throws Comp. Att. % Yards Y/A Y/C Drop
2021: Young 10 33 36.1% 416 12.6 41.6 9%
2020: Jones 29 50 58% 1,279 25.6 44.1 8%
2019: Tua 17 35 48.6% 659 18.8 38.8 3%
2018: Tua 24 42 57.1% 944 22.5 39.3 2%
Source: SECStatCat            

Wow, how do you not see or look at this as a scout and be like no way! I mean he was missing wide open guys down field with protection today over and over! It was abysmal!

• Pie 1

This O is a unit devoid of talent and that needs to be address at any and every opportunity by the new coach and GM.  Regardless of who the QB is, that unit needs major attention.  Whether or not Tepper can get the right football people in place and if he can let THEM do their job, is the sticking point.  I personally don't think Tepper can help himself and at the end of the day, all he sees are dollar signs.  Regardless of his negligence, he's seen the value of his investment increase.  

9 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Wow, how do you not see or look at this as a scout and be like no way! I mean he was missing wide open guys down field with protection today over and over! It was abysmal!

I saw his footwork and off schedule/timing throw issues as well as him bringing pressure on himself and I'm not an NFL scout. 

He wasn't close to being my #1 qb in this draft. He was 3rd and I'm questioning that now. 

I said it during the draft lead up, you can't trade to #1 and take Young. It had to be Stroud or AR

• Pie 2

Young is so bad I don't even think he would look really good with good weapons... Maybe after an offseason he'd be just OK, but it's hard to imagine him ever being worth what we gave up...

My cynicism has reached a point where I'm feeling like the one bright spot is I feel he near guarantees us the first pick in the draft in 2025 because of how bad he is.  Which I hate for him and the team, but...

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

9 TDs to 14 TOs

5.3 YPA (2nd lowest in NFL history behind J Russell)

58.5% completion

183 passing ypg

I gotta wonder when the broader media will start to see it's not just a situational thing.  He's playing downright bad football.  

They still can't get over their previous narrative that this guy is some type of football savant. It's embarrassing watching them just keep repeating the "Bryce will be fine" mantra. Bryce will be fine based on what? Aside from pre-draft opinion what is anyone seeing on an NFL field to cling to?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3